Not playing the objective

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Not playing the objective

Is it just me who finds it really annoying when your playing Domination and you et people just sitting there and camping and not even bothering to capture flags its even more annoying when there on your team> why dont they play team deathmatch if they going to do this.

Level 2
27 REPLIES

Re: Not playing the objective

in reply to CraigEtches1

CraigEtches wrote:

Is it just me who finds it really annoying when your playing Domination and you et people just sitting there and camping and not even bothering to capture flags its even more annoying when there on your team> why dont they play team deathmatch if they going to do this.

There are more than one way of doing objective games.

1: You provide cover while your team gets the objective.

2: You defend the objective and make sure the enemy doesn't get anywhere near it.

3: You defend the midfield to make sure noone gets to objective B.

I do know some don't even look in the general direction of flag A, B or C but that doesn't mean just because someone's sitting still, they're not doing anything.

Of course, if someone's sitting still on A while someone's trying to cap A, or any other flag, without even moving in to kill the attacker(s), then i agree.

In short. Domination is more than just capturing objectives. It's rather pointless if noone sits back and defend them.

The most annoying thing is the spawnflippers. You know, the guys who run straight for C/A instead of holding down A/C and B, flipping the spawn so the enemy spawn behind us on our original flag only to take it in an instant.

Level 8

in reply to Excess-Evil

nope the OP is right this problem is getting worse and worse . the amount of people you see in the lobby when you look at everyones stats and they have afew thousand kills and like 100 caps . its stupid if you arent going to help your team then go play TDM

Level 18

in reply to simonm

Yea, but then they can't predict where the enemy spawns...

I think in a normal domination game you should be able to get at least 4 caps. 2 times the beginning flag and 2 times the B flag. Did no one notice that capturing the first B flag gives a 500xp bonus?

Level 7

in reply to ThatIdiot

ThatIdiot wrote:

Yea, but then they can't predict where the enemy spawns...

It can be done on some maps for TDM, it's just the spawns are more sporadic but I kinda like it like that.  Not everyone's cup of tea but it keeps me on my toes and if I get higher end scorestreaks then I'm happy.

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to Excess-Evil

Stumperud78 wrote:

CraigEtches wrote:

There are more than one way of doing objective games.

1: You provide cover while your team gets the objective.

2: You defend the objective and make sure the enemy doesn't get anywhere near it.

3: You defend the midfield to make sure noone gets to objective B.

I do know some don't even look in the general direction of flag A, B or C but that doesn't mean just because someone's sitting still, they're not doing anything.

Of course, if someone's sitting still on A while someone's trying to cap A, or any other flag, without even moving in to kill the attacker(s), then i agree.

In short. Domination is more than just capturing objectives. It's rather pointless if noone sits back and defend them.

The most annoying thing is the spawnflippers. You know, the guys who run straight for C/A instead of holding down A/C and B, flipping the spawn so the enemy spawn behind us on our original flag only to take it in an instant.

You make good points however I think you're missing the op's point. It's when players do neither cap or defend, they sit in high traffic areas waiting, trying to get k9 or orbital vsats. These players go 45-2 with zero caps and zero defends, while the rest of the team is trying to take up the slack of scrubby players that "play" this style. These types of players can kill a win, obviously I'm talking of when you're playing with randoms. I've been in hundreds of games where these types of players will lose, but they really don't care, it's all about the k/d.

Spawnflippers drive me crazy as well, from what I've seen it's usually beginner players that just don't know better.

BTW, it is worse in bo2 for whatever reason i don't know.

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

I love Domination in particular and what with my hit detection/match making issues have been running solo as it is more likely that I land in a decent room than when partied up so have been playing with randoms.

Being the case, my opinion is that you need to strike a better balance. You can neither only kill or only cap. The misconception for me being that if you cap but go 5-30 you are doing your team a better service. I have found that I can both cap AND kill and much prefer playing with others who do the same.

Level 12

in reply to CraigEtches1

Because some people only play for kills and streaks and they are easier to get in obj games because everyone else is focused on the obj and not just killing them. Nothing that is ever done will ever change this. There is no way to ever force players to play the obj in the game ever. People will play how ever it makes them have the most fun for what they call fun. And one persons fun is not the same as eveyrone else. You want to go for the obj and the win, others do not always care about the win and never will, no matter what you think or say to them about it.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

There IS a way. Make all kills only worth 5 points. Make defend kills 25 points and attacker kills 50 points. Make the flag captures a little more, and you get a +5 or +10 added to your point streak IF you are the one who captured the flag. Say players A,B, and C capture A flag, Say players A,D, and E capture B flag. Player A gets +10 for every 5 seconds the flag is captured, and Players B,C,D, and E get +5. This would promote BOTH attacking the other teams flag and getting rid of killwhores in objective modes. This way you would literally ahve to get around 45 kills for a UAV if you were just sitting in a corner.

Level 34

in reply to CraigEtches1

Just play with friends?

Level 11

Studios