No one cares about winning in Public Matches, so why even bother

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: No one cares about winning in Public Matches, so why even bother

in reply to FixBlops2

I am not ashamed to say I don't care about winning and I also quit a match when the powerful scorestreaks are called, like dogs, swarms, warthog.  The scorestreaks are overpowered in BLOPS2.   This game needs the support streaks and support class that was in MW3.  I never quit matches in MW3.

Level 3

I can't blame you. Its only 0,1% of the people who care about winning, anyone else in this game just wants to fly some toys and get a high K/D. Its the mentality of the CoD community these days. I personally see no point in going for the win anymore since no one cares, i am gonna join the killwhoring club as well.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

Killstreaks need to go back to cod 4, WaW style. Low and not too powerful. I would like to see them end at about 8-10 kills max and not be too powerful. This game has become more about getting to that next killstreak while the gameplay is secondary.

Level 18

in reply to brsox

3-5-7 was the best, it was simple and didn't slowed down the gameplay. Anything over 7 leads to camping and killwhoring.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

Maybe to get some of the kill whores out of objective gameplay, what if they where to take out the score limit and just add a 10 minutes timer to TDM and FFA and see which team/person can get the most kills in the round.

Level 3

in reply to FixBlops2

I am surprised at some people's lack of competitive nature- I like to win. At whatever I am doing. Work, play. Doesn't matter. I do come from a competitive background re: sports etc. and attribute this spirit to the success I've had in both the business as well as sport's world (I competed in a Summer Olympic sport).

Nonetheless, when I am saddled with a group not interested in winning, mainly those trying to "snipe" in Dom, I have begun a side game of using smoke and/or blocking their line of site (my teammate's) until the get the message and get into the game. This works about 10% of the time.

Makes me feel better to share my aggravation.

Note: these people typically end up with somehwere between 0 and 2 caps and are lackluster killing as well for essentially zero contribution. Neither provide cover nor cap. Brilliant.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to snorubit1

SO you are the person who keeps ruining my fun. What a bully.

Level 18

in reply to FixBlops2

have you thought the reason being is the poor skill based match making? why when i play solo in CTF I have to go up against a bunch of pub stompers, with only noobs on my team? then you wanna get mad that im not running around grabbing the objective when my teammates, cant win gun fights,

so anytime I move im getting shot from every angle, so then i have to play defensivley and UP my kd and understand that im gonna lose since i have teammates that do not watch the mini map, who just runs out around corners and dies, giving the enemy streaks, and Getting me killed, then they get mad that they are dieing so much, and im b*tching at them, they just leave, and then no good players come in, but rather it will be a full party of 6 against me and another player..

this is veeeery common... so this is why people dont care about winning

Level 15

in reply to Err0r_6_

Good point, team balance is pretty bad in this game.

Level 24

in reply to Err0r_6_

Well said.

Level 18

Studios