No one believed this; Possible cause to many peoples problems.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: No one believed this; Possible cause to many peoples problems.

in reply to SoMCJoker

Activision cannot do anything if people are too ignorant when spending their money. Its is up to YOU the buyer to beware when making purchases like that.

Did you ever hear the term buyer beware ?

did you ever read the Ebay Terms that also warn you of this ?

If in the case this was a violation anyway. Its not an Activision violation but it is a Xbox Live Marketplace violation.

Actually if you really get down to it. It is an EBAY violation. you cannot sell anything on Ebay like that product that is emailed to you.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

for example

"I will send this eBook by postal mail. Sending it by email or by any other digital delivery method is not allowed and violates eBay policy."

for example the case listed above. Its an obvious scam set up by a new seller who is shilling starred reviews to his own account with OTHER accounts that are very likely his too.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/safe-trading.html

heres one of the key points on that page....

"Confirm the authenticity of the item."

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

What? I am fully aware of what purchases i am making, as i have the advertisments and marketing shoved in my face most of the day. Advertisments that advertise exclusives to people willing to pay for them. I am willing. Why should the people that aren't willing, get the same things as we get?

Now this is what got me from your post - Buyer beware. People are paying money to get the exclusive ghost camo, but the codes are being bought by 'fraudsters' (for lack of a better word) for a minimal price and with no pre-order. Buyer beware? Are you telling me i should be aware of what activision is selling me, because someone else may have used the code that is being advertised to me. That's false advertising, and false advertising is illegal.

How you can say that when Activision, one of the biggest game companies, has a level of expectation that they should be meeting, but they simply are not?

Level 7

in reply to SoMCJoker

SoMCJoker wrote:

What? I am fully aware of what purchases i am making, as i have the advertisments and marketing shoved in my face most of the day. Advertisments that advertise exclusives to people willing to pay for them. I am willing. Why should the people that aren't willing, get the same things as we get?

Now this is what got me from your post - Buyer beware. People are paying money to get the exclusive ghost camo, but the codes are being bought by 'fraudsters' (for lack of a better word) for a minimal price and with no pre-order. Buyer beware? Are you telling me i should be aware of what activision is selling me, because someone else may have used the code that is being advertised to me. That's false advertising, and false advertising is illegal.

How you can say that when Activision, one of the biggest game companies, has a level of expectation that they should be meeting, but they simply are not?

This is an EBAY problem and not an Activision problem. Activision is not violating any policies on that page.

Activision has NOTHING to do with that seller.

Activision is not selling you that code on that page listing a FRAUD is selling you that fake code on Ebay.

But if you bought the code off of Ebay that is the problem between you and the seller, not Activision. If you bought the code from amazon then that is between you and the seller on Amazon.

Activision didnt sell you the code. THE SELLER sold you the code.

Level 72

Star one thing you are forgeting. The seller is illegaly saling Activisions property (Treyarch designed to Ghost Camo when you get a download code and use it your are only aquiring a License to use the camo) So activision does have a role to play in this.

Level 4

in reply to SoMCJoker

Frankly, i would love an explanation from 3ARC regarding this issue, If it is false advertising, that's a very serious issue that needs to be addressed, even if it is an unsatisfactory explanation, any input's better than no input.

Level 7

in reply to SoMCJoker

I dont get it. what is false advertising ? Did you buy a code that didnt work ?

if so then where did you buy it from ?

Level 72

He's pissed he got ripped off for 40$ on ebay after trying to buy a ghost camo code, that he could have got for free by just pre-ordering the game off of amazon or at a gamestop.

Level 16

in reply to Firesens

I pre-ordered thanks, but others also pre-ordered but there codes turn out to be used, explain that if you want to have a decent input in this discussion.

Level 7

in reply to SoMCJoker

Say for example you ordered it from amazon. then in that case you need to contact Amazon to find out why your code didnt work.

Amazon might email you a new code in that case.

I had that issue years ago with Saint Row 3 and they sent me a new code.

Level 72

Not good enough. Even though it's happening, we'll just ignore it and hand out new codes. What company thinks like that? EVERY problem must be sorted for any company to develop, fact. Who knows what else are these guys getting away with?

I'm assuming you aren't an official of any kind, because that kind of attitude gets you absolutely no-where in the business world my friend.

Level 7

Studios