Need help for Belkin router settings which is best for playing black ops 2 online

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Need help for Belkin router settings which is best for playing black ops 2 online

in reply to Syndicatekiller

You can try to take your router out of the equation all together and plug the xbox directly into your modem and you will find that you will still get bad games.

There are a lot of us that have been trying to find a fix for this since MW3 was released.  There isn't really anything that will fix it.  You can try to optimize your connection, but the fix will have to come from 3arc.

There are methods that are against the TOS to attempt to game the lag compensation but even if you could get it to work, you would be in the same boat again at the first migration.

MW3 was more or less fixed one or two months before BO2 came out, so it's possible.

Level 17

Re: Need help for Belkin router settings which is best for playing black ops 2 online

in reply to Griefbot

Actually, since BO1. It was bad too, but not near as bad as MW3 and not even close to as bad as this game.

Level 4

in reply to DieselFox

Yeah it started with BO1, but I was just moving to consoles from the PC at that point and just thought I was bad with a controller.

Level 17

man I've heard a lot of good things about the dlink and that's got to be the only router that has gaming take priority right?  I've been looking around for a new router after buying an xbox a couple weeks ago and i found this site http://www.squidoo.com/wireless-gaming-router and I'm considering the net gear ac 1780 (I think tht's what it is) but I've heard their tech support sucks and I've had a belkin so I know I'm not getting another one of those.  Anyways any suggestions or advice besides get the dlink would be great?  Thanks.

Level 1

I had a Belkin router, I don't know what kind but I couldn't stay on live for more than a few minutes and when I did get into an online game it lagged so bad that it wasn't worth playing. I've got a new router now and it's pretty great for the most part. Black Ops 2 lags a little bit here and there but I thinks that more of an issue with the game and not my router.

Level 2

in reply to KL0WNSTYLE

Belkin routers have always dropped connection and then would burn up after awhile for me. I decided to go with the best at the time and upgraded my modem to a docsis 3.0 ( Big difference over 2.0 ) and my router to a cisco e4200. I have very little to no lag issues other then core ground war or ppl lag switching. There are camera issues or bending bullets but I don't confuse that with lag. If the game is smooth and ppl aren't jerking then I am all good.

Level 2

in reply to ZWarPig

Ussualy everything is smooth for me, that's why I said that I think that's it's more of a problem with the game. But the router I have now was designed for online gaming.

Level 2

Studios