Naming and Shaming

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Naming and Shaming

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Spot on as usual, XBL will nail people for following players from game to game <as they should>, there is no need as you say repeatedly "report and move on" set them to avoid as well <unsporting conduct> job done.

Level 7

in reply to Mahburg1

ill name and shame someone............ACTIVISION !!!!!!!! for building us up, only to tear us down........ FOR SHAME....... "U" need to sort dlc out ! "Wii" expect it !!!!!!!!!

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to ellison25

If people can't see that it's a bad idea to n&s then you got problems

Level 32

in reply to ellison25

Without reading every reply, my apologies if I repeat anything said.

The issue with Naming and Shaming is that there is no consequence for doing so for the person who does it.

We all have anonymity on here. Some of us use our XBL GT as our name, sure, but otherwise nobody knows who we are or what our intentions are.

I could easily come on here and say ellison25 is cheating. I could say I saw you boosting in a match. I could say you have a modded controller. Odds are, you aren't going to be here to defend yourself, and even if you do, your name is out there in a negative light. People may see that and report you. People may see that and avoid you...

Its just not fair to those you are accusing. It could be a completely false, fabricated claim... but you are throwing that person under the bus and sometimes those treadmarks don't rub off too easily.

Think about the American Legal system. Someone gets accused of something... it gets put into the press. The papers report on someone, show their picture, tell every available detail about that crime. Hundreds, if not thousands/millions, of people see that and associate that person with the crime. When that same person is proven innocent... its a small retraction article buried in the paper or a quick blurb on the news. That person's repuation is tainted as a result.

There are ways to report in-game... those are the best ways to do so.  You may not have control over what happens once that person is reported... and it may take longer than you like or may not happen at all. Just like reporting a crime, the system can only work if you do your part by reporting. Doing it here is the wrong route to take, and not necessarily fair to the person you are accusing.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Exactly. I've been accused of cheating before by a bunch of crybabies and it just wasn't true.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

This game can be frustrating at times, just like all CoDs to date have been from time to time.

Something CRAZY happens on screen and your first thought is... "That dude HAS to be cheating. There is NO way he saw me/hit me/killed me."  Been in lobbies where I could swear this guy was cheating after he had an amazing game... but then stay in the lobby and watch the same dude go negative every round. I have learned to take it easier than I used to. I used to report immediately, but now I wait. I watch that person over a few matches and if the same thing keeps happening, I may report. More often than not they just had an amazing game.

I have had a lot of success in this game, and had games from time to time that were just off the charts. Games where it seemed every bullet I fired connected and killed. Games where I got lucky shots or won gunfights I should have lost. Games where I went 30+ and less than 5 deaths. Everything just went well for me. Had a match when working on my Tac 45 on Slums where my K/D was 7+, including a headshot through a wall (I was using FMJ and shot at that climbable wall next to blue building), where I am sure the other team had to think at times I was cheating. But I think how it would feel if they accused me of that when I know full well I was not, and WOULD not cheat to succeed in this game.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I concur I have had occassions where I have said to myself  " There is no way I should have got that kill" and actually felt sorry for the other guy, as I know how he must have felt. I only report when I am absolutely convinced that something hokey is going on < fully auto sniper rifles for instance not the SV before anyone raises that>.

Or the trophy system glitch currently, boosting after reviewing the game in theatre mode from their perspective, you cant rely on parallel scoring alone, you need to look at the game in playback even if you see them initially it could just be a player taking advantage of an idiot with a tac insert.

Level 7

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

same here but i never worry as treyarch can tell if ur cheating if they check you out. i was wondering if u can become trusted source for reporting boosters, like you have a proven track record through the in game report system.

Level 7

in reply to ellison25

Marvelous thread, I agree. We should, we must do this again.... soon.

Greetings!

Level 3

in reply to ellison25

If people want name n shame, theres plenty of that on youtube. Personally, I wont waste my time chasing boosters around. If I encounter a couple in my game, sure I'll keep an eye out for them and break up their little party whenever I can. Once the games over/they realise they've been rumbled, they'll leave and I'll report them and forget about them. Maybe a little message telling them they got reported to shake them up, but no more than that.

Level 31

Studios