NO FOOTSTEPS TO BE HEARD! Come here to rage about it and get info

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: NO FOOTSTEPS TO BE HEARD! Come here to rage about it and get info

in reply to allyn75

this is so true.  All the whiney people get their way..

poeple complaining is what is ruining these games, not the devs,  they just listen to the complainers too much,

next game

• ghost will be over powered,
  • no submachine guns will exist,
  • nuketown 2025, 1997, 2012 and 1967 will be 4 our of the 16 maps.
  • everything will be too loud
  • there will be no score streaks, just assist streaks
Level 10

in reply to ii_neom_neom_ii

Drop shotters should die. End off

Level 1

I'm emailing Turtle Beach after this post to lean on Activation to increase the footsteps a bit. I'm not expecting SitRep Pro level sound but the footstep sounds as they are are practically a deliberate insult to auditory players.

Level 4
Highlighted

Just make enemy footsteps as loud as friendly footsteps for a start off, then boost them with Awareness and mute them with Ninja.

Captain Obvious says: "Sorry for being the voice of reason".

Level 15

This needs to go back on top... Why hasnt footstep sound been fixed yet ??? I cant hear an enemy 2ft behind me... Nothing !!! in Black Ops 1 sound worked well you could hear underneath , behind you to the sides.. This game , even with awareness and silent footsteps being used together you cant hear shit !

Fix this ALREADY !

Level 6

in reply to Arq0s

I've got a set of TB PX5's and can hear footsteps just fine, without awareness. If I'm playing S+D I might use awareness for the extra range, but for me it sounds fine... Even when I run it through my surround system in the living room I can pick up on where they are coming from most of the time...

Level 5

in reply to waxon81

was there an official statement or thread on this ? maybe i missed something in the past ? i dont come on these forums that much... Is it possible that some headset setups do not work well in Black Ops 2 where they did in BO1 ?

I used to hear everything !!! this is the only game where i cannot pick up footsteps at all. it is very rare if i can hear someone coming and usually an enemy can be dancing right behind me running around and i cant hear a thing.. I can hear all other sounds just fine in the game so this leads me to believe that its not my headset but the game. Friendly's footsteps can be heard it just the enemy footsteps...

i use Astro MixAmp Pro with Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Headset...  they are very highly rated..

Level 6

in reply to Arq0s

Apparently this is the way Treyarch wants it. I've got the Turtle Beach earforce xrays CoD edition. I've completely adjusted to this games sound. I've always been a soundwhore. This game has just made me a better soundwhore since its much harder. They've tuned my skills.

Level 23

in reply to BKBLAZER

I agree, they have taken steps to create a more "active" player base what with diminshed footsteps, ghost modification, etc.

Me, I am always on the move so it doesn't matter. My best advice if you are a soundwhore- don't sit in one place too long? Non-issue at that point. If you like to roast up marshmallows, don't ADS at that doorway the entire time and think about checking your six a bit more often

Level 12

in reply to snorubit1

i used a combination of the two so that moving around made no noise while i could hear enemy footsteps louder. having shelled out a good chunk of money on a whole sound system / headset to be able to hear better i would expect it to work especially if they have 2 separate perks in this game dedicated to this.

so even if im running around and not staying in one place i should hear enemies coming but i dont. Maybe im not hearing the same things you are bkblazer ... i guess i can do some testing with a friend in game today to see what kind of sounds you are talking about but the footsteps i continue to listen for never make a peep...

Level 6

Studios