My thoughts about "lag"...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: My thoughts about "lag"...

in reply to keeper82

Maccabi this is for you too.

Feel free to stop by my house if you're ever in my area and I'll let you play at my house for awhile. Then tell me there's nothing wrong.

I'm in the US. PM me if you would like directions to my house.

Nope, I'm not kidding. I'll cook you dinner.

Level 1

in reply to TWG319

lolol

Level 5

in reply to keeper82

Wrong. The problem exists, and people do not use it as an excuse. Again, somebody that bases his opinion on his personal experience with the game.

Level 7

in reply to killabig

killabig wrote:

Wrong. The problem exists, and people do not use it as an excuse. Again, somebody that bases his opinion on his personal experience with the game.

while some is based on our own personal experience, you guys actualy provide no proof whatso ever of the super gigantic lag monstrostity that is attacking tokyo.

basically all you guys have are the equivilent to big foot sightings. I have yet to see 1, just one video is all I ask, just ONE Where the lag is consistently as  you say it is. No select clips from various games do not prove anything.

Again, this is funny, ALL you guys have to do to prove this, ALL as in THE ONLY THING, you guys have to do to prove this problem is record just one little game and put the whole thing up. No theater mode, no kill cam clips. No multi game clips.

1 full game where you consistently prove that your connection is a 4 bars and you are a full second behind the enemy. This is the easiest proof to provide, much easier then hunting down multiple clips.

So I ask you... if its as simple as that WHY HAVENT WE SEEN IT?

I have watched MANY youtube videos and all I consistently see are people blaming their deaths on lag.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

You can see it in many videos, or you could listen to people in game, or maybe read this and other forums, or hell, check out the live stream with the developers.  The asian guy had a few instances of unloading into someone and then dying to what appeared to be one bullet.

If you have not experienced this then you have the magic connection, started playing at BO1 and dont know any better, or you are willfully ignorant.

Level 17

in reply to deamonomic

deamonomic wrote:

killabig wrote:

while some is based on our own personal experience, you guys actualy provide no proof whatso ever of the super gigantic lag monstrostity that is attacking tokyo.

basically all you guys have are the equivilent to big foot sightings. I have yet to see 1, just one video is all I ask, just ONE Where the lag is consistently as  you say it is. No select clips from various games do not prove anything.

Again, this is funny, ALL you guys have to do to prove this, ALL as in THE ONLY THING, you guys have to do to prove this problem is record just one little game and put the whole thing up. No theater mode, no kill cam clips. No multi game clips.

1 full game where you consistently prove that your connection is a 4 bars and you are a full second behind the enemy. This is the easiest proof to provide, much easier then hunting down multiple clips.

I have watched MANY youtube videos and all I consistently see are people blaming their deaths on lag.

Think of it as a movie. They are taking the clips that make it into the trash can after editing the movie and basing the entire movie off of that.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

XD miss click any way to get rid of this box?

SHHHH im trying to corner them! I know full well what they are trying to do. and it is working, which is the sad thing. I have to say Im still going through that one guys video, and to smoke, Honestly, there as lag there. I admit there was. However, Not all the cases you provided were lag problems and yes. I can point it out if you so wish, biggest example: when you had your PDW on raid, you started firing and said you didnt get a hitmarker, blaming it on lag. But if you watch it, when you fire your first AND second shots your not actually on the enemy and after that your defeat is ensured by Flinch. at another part you say you are still getting hitmarkers even though you are not aimed at them. this is a... cant find the word... your view of the situation is wrong. Its wrong because Hitmarkers linger. The surest way to identify a new hit is the sound that you get when you fire (havent tested this one yet, so dont trust that 100%... not that you should even if I had). in other words, you were not getting hit markers at all, you were simply seeing the lingering hitmarker from previous hits.

This is what we are constantly harping about.

What all of you claim is happening and what you have shown to be happening are two completely different things. a majority of you claim a 1 second delay. in the world of gaming, 1 second is a very long time and the people who claim that this is what they see EVERY game dont know what that kind of lag is truly like.

on a 1 second lag, it is impossible for you to get hitmarkers while aiming AT the enemy. it is not gonna happen. in order to counter a 1 second lag you will have to prefire every enemy. if you know they are coming around the corner, start firing 1 second before they do.

The lag the grand majority show (if any at all) is usually around 1/4 or less of a second. The time for a bullet to travel (this varies with how far you are) is around 1/10 of a second.These actions are so fast you cant really register them happening beyond your brain sending up a red flag going "wait a sec that seems off from the mental picture of what we think should be going on". this red flag prompts people to watch the kill cam. And ofcourse kill cams being broken shows the enemies aim being 50 feet off to the left and it shows you not firing a single bullet. (you can see the BS in kill cams where it shows you firing NO shots but the enemy still taking damage)

I have said it once, and I will said it again (this is quickly becoming my catch phrase >.>). if you want all of us to shut up, if you want the devs to be unable to deny it, if you want to force them to fix it, then you must leave us no ground to flee to. Leave us with nothing to say.

and the saddest part of that is its easy. its so simply its mind boggling as to why you havent doen it yet. The majority of you who claim lag comp, claim it happens just about every game. That you have to unload massive amounts of ammunition at the enemy for even a single hitmarker.  that this happens constantly though out the match. This is what the majority of lag comp complainers claim.

and all you need to do to prove it, is record a few full length games showing that you have a consistent good connection through out the game and the issue still being present. Dont use kill cams. dont use theater. Just record some live games. Its simple. i got like 60 on my youtube channel and another 20 or so ready for upload tonight.

XD this is the reason no one wins disputes against me on gamebattles I post my dispute W/L record as our team info as a warning. its funny to see people go ima dispute! only to have one of his teammates go... crap... they are 45-0 for disputes XD. been able to prove people were IP flooding with words alone.

starbuckfrack wrote:

deamonomic wrote:

killabig wrote:

Think of it as a movie. They are taking the clips that make it into the trash can after editing the movie and basing the entire movie off of that.

Level 45

in reply to keeper82

"So who knows, maybe this forum, as a whole, could change to actually talking about the game and how to play it.  Using different set-ups, gun statistics, map strategies, etc.  Maybe the "lag" would go away for most of you, if you just took the time to get better at this game.  Thanks for reading, hope you all have a great day and week!"

While the basic engine running the game is flawed then there's no point taking about these things. I can put in any other COD and play without experiencing ANY lag at all.

I was experiencing "lag", as you like to put it, up until the DLC came out and am now "cured". Enjoy it while it lasts, who knows what the next hotfix will bring ... because the Devs certainly don't

Level 9

in reply to SeraphOne

SeraphOne wrote:

While the basic engine running the game is flawed then there's no point taking about these things. I can put in any other COD and play without experiencing ANY lag at all.

Even though all online games have lag you arent getting ANY lag at all ?

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

The mods should really be restricting posters to the forum when their main intension is to antagonise. Based on the volume and content of your previous posts I'll assume your question is rhetorical.

Level 9

Studios