Matchmaking is the issue?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Matchmaking is the issue?

in reply to Foxman3501

depends who are the people you say are in the "know".

Level 9

in reply to Foxman3501

matchmaking is never an issue for me. Last night, our group of 6 could not get a team to stay. We played for about 4 hours, and EVERY game the oppsing team had 2 players left in about 2 minutes into the game.

more than anything i feel its people quitting, which then leads into random player getting thrown to the wolves which then leads to more people quitting. Its an endless cycle seemingly every game.

Level 18

in reply to xmrythem

xmrythem wrote:

matchmaking is never an issue for me. Last night, our group of 6 could not get a team to stay. We played for about 4 hours, and EVERY game the oppsing team had 2 players left in about 2 minutes into the game.

more than anything i feel its people quitting, which then leads into random player getting thrown to the wolves which then leads to more people quitting. Its an endless cycle seemingly every game.

Your issue with people quitting is a slightly different, but related subject than the matchmaking.

When you are running with a full party, obviously you typically have a tactical advantage in a lobby of mostly randoms.  If that advantage turns into an major score discrepancy right off the bat, probably 50% of COD players will bail out of the match.  I have pulled my try-hard panties up as high as they go and struggled to break even when teamed with random nose pickers and split-screeners against an semi-organized party.  As long as I have half a chance I will stick around.

When you do have a full party of players that are based in the same geographical area, however, there is a high percentage chance that your group will pull host.  Depending on the rest of lobby members host ping, this can mean your party starts off with a connection advantage.  If I am battling the host advantage and a full party, chances are good I won't be hanging around.  If I can't compete on a semi-equal basis, I am not going to sit around and pad someone's stats.

Level 12

in reply to Ungrateful_Dead

Yes, its like playing vs 6 Hosts at once, if you know what i mean.

Level 24

^^^what he said. The game is supposed to be fun. What's fun about going 2 and 15 the first minute of the game, knowing there are advantage/disadvantages game side, and sticking around only to end up 6 and 30 it being no fault of yours, just the comp/smoothing, or whatever it's called now.

Level 8

in reply to CLureCO

Its just connection advantage.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

Connection advantage/smoothing code/lag comp... we are all talking about the same frustrating game issue.

Level 9

Totally agree....

Back in the day I never had a problem sticking it out even if it meant losing because I had a chance to study the other team etc...

a lot of the time people are fast to backout, no so much because they are losing, but it's how they are losing.

losing a fair gun fight is not as frustrating as losing to lag.  Nobody wants to stick around when you have to fight both.

Level 9

in reply to darkwitness

Yea as soon as I realize that I'm in for a lot of insta death and it takes 10 hitmarkers with gun that is supposed to kill in 5, I'm gone.  I've got no time for bad connections.

Level 17

Studios