Maps, are we complaining again.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Maps, are we complaining again.

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Well I can agree with your opinion. I just wish people wouldnt run 'round all the time. It would make the maps less bad IMO.

Summit was my favorite map!

I loved the bush next to the cliff-side, hid me well during SND games when the bomb site was RIGHT NEXT TO ME!

But yeah new maps= better, because the nostalia of older maps may be destroyed by newer gameplay, or even worse, the players with their dirty playstyles O_O

Level 7

in reply to Noctis_Everto1

I loved Summit as well... in Black Ops.

You nailed it. My issue is... I can pretty much tell you exactly where people are going to camp. Where they are going to spawn. I've played that map so many times. I loved it, in its context.

And I have always said, without the players, CoD would be awesome

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

nicedrewishfela wrote:

1. Point out where I said I was upset about the maps?

And you are expressing your opinion.. about our opinions instead of voicing your own.

You are taking my use of the term Lazy way too personally. 2. As I stated, in the creative process, rehashing an old idea is inherently lazy. You obviously ignored where I complimented them for their work on the reskins.

3. The community wants a lot of things, and not all of them are necessarily good for the game. My opinion is that I prefer new, innovative maps to re-skins. People want those maps back because it inspired something in them. They enjoyed playing them. The Devs did something right on those maps. I personally would love to see them create new maps that are so good... people are clamoring for them to return in future games. That is good design.

7. It is my opinion that we are setting a bad precedent by asking for and bringing back old maps... and allowing them to charge us for them.  Want to bring back fan favorites? Fine, but respect us as fans by not asking us to pay for them.

My opinion. I am not, nor have I at any point, insulted the devs or anyone who disagrees with me. This community is divided enough as it is. I just feel new DLC should equal new maps.

EDIT****  forgot to add, you are not the only person to have called them lazy. This is directed at anyone who has called them lazy because of this.

1. If you have no problem with the Old maps being there then why are you here? I get you want to share your opinion but you say you have no problems with it but then say it shouldnt be there?

2. and this is what I have been saying this whole time. That is exactly what they are NOT doing. You guys would be correct in calling them lazy if they were just throwing in the old maps to take up a slot because they didnt want to spend the time on making another new map or if they were making more old maps then new ones or if they were not making new ones at all.

3.  Yes they are clamouring for new maps they always have been. but once again (you obviously ignored this bit) You have had just how many new maps with this game? how many are actually old maps? out of the ones released in DLC how many have been NEW? how many OLD?

4. I would happily pay them to bring back many different maps and Im sure that opinion is shared by many others. I dont agree with the "it doesnt work anymore" comments. Personally I find that any map works just fine regardless. How many people would pay for wasteland to come back? Or your all time favorite? fact of the matter is likely more people are absolutely fine with paying for 3 NEW maps and for one of their favorites AND a zombies map. for that matter where are the complaints from those that dont play zombies? why are they not angry that they are over paying? (no seriously I dont remember ever seeing complaints... which is odd)

5. Again you ARE getting new things in the DLC that never changed. I dont see why you cant allow for other players to get what they want. I mean yes you dont want to pay for the map because you played it in a previous game. But you cant call the developers lazy for trying to meet both sides halfway. I call that working hard not being lazy.

6. and if your talking about it being boring, then I just have to say how is any map in the game not boring after 8 months?

7. Its not a precedent at all. Old maps have been used many many times by many different developers as downloadable content. because most often the fans ask for it. and if your asking them to ignore a group of their fans then I ask why should they not ignore you?

And before anyone rushes in with the fanboy remarks, Ima say this now, at any time if I feel someone is being treated unfairly (or things are being said about them that are unfair) I will defend them. its what I do. again Im not specifically at war with opinions here its this communities way of expressing those opinions. 9/10 its some kind of insult. your right this community has no Idea about whats good for the game or whats bad. left up to the community the game would be a horrifying wreck. But I think that the developers know what they are doing.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

I guess it also buffles you why other people have a different opinion as yours. Do you realize that you won't be able to change others' opinion? We as human beings and individuals have our own views and opinions. You just have to accept it and you can't just argue your way to force your opinion to others and make them agree with you. It simply doesn't work that way.

Level 14

I agree 100%, Drew, 100%!

I think that's why I get so pissy, cause I know what they can do they just take a lazy way out.

Excellent post. Though as long as there are people that don't care or keep asking for old reskinned maps they will continue to be lazy, sadly.

Level 9

in reply to blarkw

blarkw wrote:

I agree 100%, Drew, 100%!

I think that's why I get so pissy, cause I know what they can do they just take a lazy way out.

Excellent post. Though as long as there are people that don't care or keep asking for old reskinned maps they will continue to be lazy, sadly.

again how is reskinning ONE out of 4 maps a total of 2 out of 12 maps released is being lazy. Why cant it just be the developers doing something for OTHER fans? Why does it make them lazy? Specifically when MOST game developers such as bungie and numerous others also do the same thing. So are most developers just lazy? Or are you guys being a little too harsh?

Level 45

I agree 100%.

If we keep on accepting this then we can expect a rehash of a rehash on BO3.

Imagine playing a re-skin of NT 2025, Studio, and Uplink in BO3. That's just unacceptable in my opinion. I'm also pretty sure they will re-skin Hijacked, Raid, and Slums due to its popularity and that's laziness.

Level 14

in reply to ultimaterider1

I feel like the best maps they've made were from Black Ops 1 and WaW, so if they could include some WaW maps that'd be nice. I'm glad that Summit is back though. Unless they can start making good new maps, I'd rather play maps that are actually good, even if they are from Black Ops 1 or WaW.

Level 18

agreed. I would like to see a WaW map in DLC 4.

Level 25

in reply to NoLifeKing29

I was legit going to make a sarcastic post about remaking a WaW map lmao

Level 8

Studios