M8A1 - perks and attachments = one frustrated squirrel

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

M8A1 - perks and attachments = one frustrated squirrel

So after getting gold on the Vector, MSMC, Skorpion and Peacekeeper I decided I'd take a break from the SMGs for a bit and work on gold for my M8A1.  Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but using the M8A1 without perks and attachments was not the most pleasant expeience of my life.  I run no perks no attachments at the same time to save time, but I have to be honest, putting perks back on to finish the no attachments and then running attachments to finish the no perks crossed my mind many a time today, haha.

Anyone else have a harder than normal time trying to get the M8A1 gold?

Level 11
13 REPLIES

Re: M8A1 - perks and attachments = one frustrated squirrel

in reply to squirrelness

It went pretty smoothly for me, granted it was the last AR I worked on. I got a lot of hit markers with it, and that was in HC. Best advice I can give is to remember to spam that trigger. I would sometimes forget to do so and my one burst would be insufficient to get the kill. Hang in there.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Yep, you got it, spam the trigger. 

I finally finished it earlier tonight.  K/D ratio went from 1.02 to 1 during those 150 kills, though. haha  Really challenged me considering my run and gun play style.  Now only a few more blood thirsty medals and a couple more long shots and she'll be gold, too. 

Oh, and I couldn't find your thread regarding this, so to kind of hijack my own thread, haha....  my 'most killed by' weapons thus far:

Crap, Elite is currently down, haha.  But I can tell you that four of the top five were SMGs and my most killed by weapon was, you guessed it, the Peacekeeper....and I have nearly 500 more deaths via it than the next, which if I remember correctly was the MSMC.

Level 11

in reply to squirrelness

Amazed me when I saw that about the Peacekeeper.

I know what you mean about the quests being frustrating. The SMGs were rough for me, but Got them done.

Right now I am working on LMGs and Pistols and am just going negative more than I like. Have had some great games with both, but they are so inconsistent. Sometimes my Five Seven wrecks everything in sight, other times its like I am not even shooting. So frustrating! Good luck finishing it out.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Really? That's my go to gun in HC for the bigger maps, I get a one burst kill 95% of the time apaart from extreme ranges. The only attatchment I'd struggle without it the stock, though I use the RD sight becuase I'm not a fan of the iron sights.

I can imagibe it's a pretty frustrating experience in core lobbies though.

I've posted this in another thread but it shows why I love the M8A1:

Level 16

in reply to squirrelness

hopefully its not too laggy when you do it  bro.

Level 12

in reply to squirrelness

Really? For me it was one of the easiest no perks no attachments. The FAL was a grind and a half though, the SMR is my last AR not looking forward to a repeat of the FAL lol

My advice stick long sight lines and spam the every loving crap out of the trigger. HCKC is the best for this i think.

Level 23

in reply to PerEverto13

The fal is easy compared to the smr... At least the fal has a decent rof wen it's in semi.. Yuck to the smr... Brings a sour taste to my mouth. Lol

Level 12

in reply to squirrelness

I've really been enjoying the M8a1 whilst I've been using it. I'm not dreading the perkless and attachmentless on this one like I did with the Fal and SMR. Just this and the AN-94 to go for my diamond ARs!

PerEverto: with the SMR my honest advice is dont bother with select fire (your trigger finger will be quicker, believe me), and use whatever sight you are most precise with. For me, the Acog and Hybrid sights were my best friends for this gun. Good luck with this one fella, some games its awesome (I got a Ruthless medal, several Merciless medals, a couple of VTOLs and a couple of quad feeds with it) and others its headbangingly annoying!

Level 31

in reply to squirrelness

I love the M8A1, it's my no 1 gun in the game.

if you are use to running and spraying with an smg then you may have to adjust your style.  for me it's perfect.

I have always used the burst weapons from the M16 in cod4, Fammas in MW2, Type 95 in MW3 etc.

I am happy just using it with a red dot sight, but you can try the laser dot and stock to drop CQC smg sprayers.  Quick draw for real quick aim.. etc.

just test what works for you

Level 9

Studios