Leaving a game counts against you

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: Leaving a game counts against you

in reply to Blackie111

Blackie1 wrote:

When the game starts,do not pick your class. Press circle (ps3)or whatever on xbox. Then check the score,if it's not looking promising,back out. This will not count as a loss and will not put a 1.00k/d on your stats. Simples

I thought it did?

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

It does.

Level 43

in reply to SitRepPro

Not if you dashboard. I only play domination. One time I picked demolition by mistake. When I figured out what I had done I dashboarded and then checked my W/L ratio for demolition and is was listed as 0.00

Level 18

in reply to Roadkill7981

If they did this then they could also remove win/loss stat from the window and everyone would have a perfect win ratio. No game would ever complete either lol. Nonstop host migrations as the match neared it's end until enemy forfeits come on the screen.

Level 18

in reply to Roadkill7981

So you leave when you appear like you're going to lose and you don't think you should lose.  That's pretty darn funny.   And if you're leaving because you don't like the map or game type, you should of left in the lobby.

W/L does mean something.    We all experience bullcrap losses.   Suffice to say, if you have less than 40% win ratio, than I'm going to consider you not very good.   Team or no team, you should have better than 40% if you're any good at this game.

Level 4

in reply to snoops071

The question I ask is. What happens when you get thrown into a game where your team is destroying the other one. Do you stay and take the easy win or do you leave? I used to stay now I don't

Level 18

in reply to Roadkill7981

The Sky is Blue.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Roadkill7981

Protect your W/L ratio by not lobby hopping. If you enter into a game that is not going well just finish it. You never know, your team might make a comeback. And if not you take the loss which is what you were going to do by leaving the game anyway.

Level 2

in reply to xlimepops

A group from my clan were playing our usual casual-paced game style a few days ago.  Then we fell into a lobby against another party-chat enabled team.  They held the brown shutter side of Shutdown and won 75 - 44.  We stayed in for the whole match and voted on the same map.  We held our side this time, and one 42 - 39.  I researched their previous games and the players (half with W/L above 70%) had played that map for several matches with wins.  Sure, we could have left.  But they vacated the lobby after our win.  They didn't want another possible loss.

xlime has it right....you affect your win/loss by staying and turning things around.  Use the info to win the next one.  Being adaptable is key to modern warfare as well as playing a video game using modern warfare as a backdrop.

Level 3

in reply to xlimepops

Or i could leave early and save myself time and frustration since we were going to lose anyways. Might as well just get it over with.

Level 8

Studios