Lag in Black Ops 2 and what is causing it & solution

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Lag in Black Ops 2 and what is causing it & solution

in reply to FixBlops2

I think the lobbies should have a minimum and max ping, preferably from a filter that you select, and if you fall out of those parameters you get get booted from the lobby. 

I dont know how this would affect the host, but at least it wouldnt be trying to compensate for someone who joins and then they drop to 150ms.

Level 17

in reply to Griefbot

Ping is not the problem as is jittter and noise. You can have an amazing ping but your connection is dirty and causes lots of stutter. This happens a lot with DSL because people are still using lines that where installed like 100 years ago.

Level 5

in reply to sqitso1

That may be true, but it doesnt seem to be an issue for older CoD games, or other similar games.

Even MW3 was more or less fixed in October.

Level 17

in reply to Griefbot

Separate lobbies for players with different grade pings. Exactly what we need !!

Level 8

in reply to FixBlops2

see this is becoming a even worse problem every day with ppl with highspeed giving the ones with high speed like me with up to 40 mbps a major disadvantage. the enemy is clearly seeing me before i see them. i do not get a chance and this makes this even unfair. ppl with bad internet should be notified just like netflix does saying the amount of mbps does not reach the needed amount to play. this is just horrible for ones luck me having no chance against a lagger, thats almost like give to the poor screw over the ones that can afford something more than 15 bucks a month. maybe you should make it where the laggers dont recieve our signal as quick to match their lag. im pretty sure downloading is always faster than uploading.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to FixBlops2

Again just an unstable game for me,  I can play at 5:00 am one day and it's pretty good, 5:00am the next day total junk.

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

Nail and Head dude, the game is just too unstable..

I've tried all the thing's they reccomend to help, Port Forwarding, DMZ, Static IP, QoS etc and it's still inconsistent and lags... why folk's should have to play about with router settings in the hope of getting a decent game especially when there other games play and run fine, i don't know?

Level 4

in reply to FixBlops2

Pretty simple the first link in the chain ! Terrible match making ! And when I say terrible I mean Skillbased !

Level 8

in reply to FixBlops2

I've said this before. DSL is FASTER than a fibre optic connection, just less bandwidth. There is basic math to it. Signals (electrons) travel AT the speed of light over copper wire. The light signals in fibre optics can only travel at about 70% the speed of light. Thus  the speed of light>70% the speed of light. The problem would be as you stated, someone on dsl trying to stream, download or other things at the same time with their internet. Its BS and they should be kicked from lobby.

Level 9

in reply to nflfenatic

This is just not true. For one electrons have mass and cannot travel at the speed of light. Even light does not travel at its max outside the vaccum of space. The partical that enters the copper wire is not the same partical that exits at any given time. Fibre Optic is light and even though its not traveling at the speed of light its still faster then copper.

First , we most note that the speed of electricity is a very subjective issue based on the current, conduction and resistance of the circuit. We shall define the speed of electricity to be the average distance covered by an electron in the wire in one second.

Also note that the motion of charged particles (e.g., of electrons in metals) in a particular direction is known as electric current. The electric charge may be either electrons or ions. This is important because previous answers suggested that electricity flowed through a wire at the speed of light, it does not!

A solid conductive metal contains a large population of mobile, or free, electrons. These electrons are bound to the metal lattice but not to any individual atom. Even with no external electric field applied, these electrons move about randomly.

When a electric field is applied across the conductor electrons may move slow ,very slow, on the order of 0.4 cm/sec.This means that it would take slightly more than four minutes for each electron to even move one meter.

Level 2

Studios