Lag Compensation difference in MW3/BLOPS2?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Lag Compensation difference in MW3/BLOPS2?

Has anyone on here had major Lag Compensation on Black Ops 2 but didn't suffer any on MW3? Because on MW3 I had no issues in the fact that I never had to "look-into" what Lag Compensation was until now.

I started playing Black Ops 2 and have maybe one decent game in ten when I'm lucky to go 20 - 8 in TDM (I'm assuming thats because I was in a room where all the players had equal internet which equals A Level Playing Field??), whereas in MW3 it used to happen far more often.  All the other games I'm lucky to scrape an even K/D ratio.

After reading around ppl are saying that MW3/BLOPS2 Lag Compensation are both bad, but why would I only be suffering with BLOPS2?  Are there different frame works in place or are Trey/Infinity using the same netcode??

Level 1
18 REPLIES

Re: Lag Compensation difference in MW3/BLOPS2?

in reply to RobDaFunk

initially i had problems with mw3 but last few months were almost trouble free. having same experience as u on blops. sucks.

Level 2

in reply to RobDaFunk

Same here. 2 k:d most games on MW3/2, yet on BO2 I'm struggling to keep 1 k:d ha... Don't even break even most games.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to RobDaFunk

Yep I never had an issue on MW3 or Black Ops 1. Now, it's just an absolute joke.

Level 16

in reply to RobDaFunk

Try setting match making to best .

Level 44

in reply to gallp13

dosent work

Level 1

in reply to gallp13

I've tried all 3 settings (ANY, NORMAL, BEST) and didn't seem to make any difference.

Also tried running a load of downloads on my PC whilst playing to make my connection worse which feels like it worked in spots when my games dropped to 2-3 bars but can't really be sure.

Level 1

in reply to RobDaFunk

yup had a 2.0 in mw3, not even trying. can barely get a 1.5 in blops2

Level 6

in reply to RobDaFunk

You guys are funny basing lag compensation on KD.  The only reason you have a higher KD is because someone else was getting beat down by lag compensation.  KD means nothing.

Level 17

in reply to ghorman

You are right, but whoever is on the wrong side of LagComp isn't gonna be happy.

Also, most casual players with a great internet connection won't even know or read into LagComp and will therefore just think that they are terrible at the game.

Level 1

Studios