K/D Ratio!!!!!!!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: K/D Ratio!!!!!!!!!

in reply to ARMYSAPPER1

Good point.  SPM is the best indicator if you even care about that sort of thing.  You can sit in a corner every match and go 6-3 and have a 2.0 K/D.  The number by itself means garbage.

My best weapon is the M8A1 with a 2.14 KD! Oh wait...I only have 15 kills with it so you do the math.

Level 13

in reply to avngr9

Actually SPM overall doesn't mean anything.  I have friends that only play SnD and have 125 SPM overall whereas some of my other friends has a 450+ SPM playing Hardpoint.  Both groups are top have around a 1.5-2.5 K/D and 1.5-10.0 W/L.  I know when I play in a party it is much harder to keep a higher SPM than if I were playing solo especially in KC and HP. 

Personally I think you determine a good player by none of his stats individually.  It is there desire to win that makes the good players shine, and those that can implement tactics and strategies to win are the best of all players.  Bad players ignore teamwork.

Level 47

in reply to neilfife

I had a negative k/d in both previous COds but had a decent win% but this time it's gone right down to around 0.68.

I think the reason for this is my SPM of 301 so I'm being chucked in lobbies with people who have +ve k/ds. I'm always piling in to the flags on Domination, and end up dying a lot. My win% is 53% but whenever I have a half decent game, maybe get a few scorestreaks, my team usually wins hands down.

I didn't think I could have been that bad first going off so I reset my stats at 1st prestige with k/d of 0.63 but a win% of 60. So it even looks as if I'm marginally less aggresive although it doesn't feel like it.

Level 2

in reply to neilfife

If you play TDM then K/D is very important. Objective game modes it tells you if you can "hold your own" as someone else said, but it should not be a major factor.  I don't care about my overall K/D ratio, but I do care about it for TDM. If I am going negative all the time I am not helping my team in any way.  If that means I have to not run around a bit just to try to recollect myself and get some kills then so be it.

I care that my K/D is over 1.0, preferablly closer to 1.5.  I'm not saying it needs to be 2+ but as long as you are generally positive.  Again, I'm refering to TDM here, not objective games.

Level 33
Highlighted

in reply to neilfife

I only play domination, my k/d sucks

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

True domination players will have a low k/d and higher w/l. This is due to the k/d scrubs that plague the game type. They don't care about winning so they don't cap flags. they just sit around in the back of the map sniping or hiding in corners.

Anyone with a 2.0+k/d and 1.0 -  w/l and plays objective games is nothing but a scub. They suck too bad to play TDM, so they go in to a game type that has objectives. That way the other team is working on the objective and makes it easier for them to kill.

So if you are that kind of player, just remember, you are a scub.

Level 22

in reply to neilfife

My K/D gets me women. How would you know if youve always sucked? B**tches be lined up outside my door.

Congrats, youve made the dumb thread of the week.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

AHHHH I see the rednecks have exited the asylum, only reason the 'B*tches are lined up at your door is to offer moral support to your momma!

Level 6

in reply to neilfife

I inserted the last sentence in there for people that were to thick to detect sarcasm. Clearly that wasnt enough for one person.

Level 34

in reply to CowboySr

I wont apolgise for not subscribing to your humour.

Level 6

Studios