Just played MW3.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Just played MW3.

in reply to iivrruummii

Only if maps were as large as in MW2.

I mean: the five-seven is one of the best allaround weapons in Black Ops 2 because it can hit anyone on any range you're likely to encounter enemies, firing as fast as you can pull the trigger, running at SMG+ speeds with SMG handling.

I literally cannot count the amount of times I've tripple-killed with the five-seven in scenarios where most SMGs and ARs would've run out of gas after victim number two.

And that fantastic reload time!

Level 28

in reply to QwertyBoredom

People just have a hard time with shotguns purely because of how fast they kill.

After the Remington 870 got nerfed, I think the shotguns have proven to be extremely balanced in Black Ops 2 - deadly up close, pretty useless at range (KSG = notable exception).

It's a good point though - the MW3 shotguns were a joke, and overall the game was just terrible; right up there with MW2 as one of the worst Call of Duty games ever made.

People shouldn't be complaining about shotguns in BO2 - rather, you should complain to yourself about how you let yourself get so close to an enemy that his close quarters weapon blew you to pieces.

Level 18

in reply to Tick7

Agreed. Really it seems like shotguns will be complained about regardless of how they are in any given Call of Duty lol (except maybe WaW?) If the shotguns overall are weak, people will find the stronger one(s) and say they're overpowered. People will say anything that kills them is OP, or because of lag (even though lag definitely is a problem) lol

Level 18

Shottys always had the jump on me in MW3 even when I clearly shot first and I only played HC. That and ricochet were my only complaints, loved that game!

Level 27

Great game for sniping, camping, and spawn trapping.

Level 10

If anything, anti-shotgunners should go play MW2 and experience the shotguns there (as secondaries might I just add).

For shotgun players, using shotguns in MW2 were glorious but understandably OP as secondaries. No COD title has come close to MW2 shotguns.

I've never understood the complaints about shotties in the recent COD titles.

Used by the minority of COD gamers yet they get so much hate. As far as I'm concerned SMG's, Assault Rifles and Snipers have been used by most players opposed to Shotguns & LMG's.

I had some kid whine about me using the S12 whilst he was using a MSMC, most commonly used by competitive gamers.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

lol People will complain about whatever kills them. Shoot them, hear "you're using the [insert weapon here]? Get good kid" every time lol Not that I haven't thought the same thing at times though lol

Level 18

in reply to vims2011

I think I could go back to MW2 as I've only played a few hours.  I've already come across Danger Close and Commando and I suspect I've been in matches with One Man Army too so I know what I'll be in for.  Thought about using an LMG and use Cold Blooded.  Imagine if LMGs had noobtubes.

Level 31

Anyone who might have watched Sandy Ravage using the spas on mw2 could see in the right hands what a shottie that was, however mw3 it seemed pretty lame, i am sure i read somewhere even Randy thought the same, i loved levelling up with all the shotties on Blops,but was glad i got there in the end,

Level 21

MW3 is probably how the shotguns in BO2 should of been like, excluding the damage and range bonuses that you could add on (I forget the actual name).

I managed to get gold on every shotgun, and I had all but the striker gold before the patch.

The 1887 in that game was glorious. Utterly terrible for consistency, but +5,000 for style.

Level 9

Studios