Is the reward system in Call of Duty flawed? (Re-post)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Is the reward system in Call of Duty flawed? (Re-post)

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Yep.  Recently I saw a vid of a guy go mental on the streaks.  Mode?  Demolition.  Map?  Nuketown.  He had a Lodestar and a VTOL (forget the other one but possibly a Warthog) and he just kept cycling through them.  Think he finished with 100+ kills or something.  The enemies never had a chance to kill the Lodestar even if they had launchers equipped because they would already be killed before they can lock-on.

Level 31

gern wrote:

Having said that, in BLOPS2 I do not capture objectives because the reward is too small and I don't care about winning/losing. My K/D also sucks at a 0.6.   Instead, my enjoyment from BLOPS2 comes from leveling up my weapons, getting camos, and completing challenge cards.  

This is the sort of attitude which forces me to play in parties more often.

What this creates is 5 vs 6 games and selfish play on your part when objective game modes is about working as a team and PTFO.

As Drew said, stick to TDM & FFA. At least you aren't negatively affecting your team considering kills is the only objective.

Level 51

in reply to RuggedSavior

Will say it again. Said in your first thread also.

I agree with you. They should make a system which is a mix of BO2 and the MW3 support package.

How don't know yet.

And scorestreaks should be more support streaks than streaks that can kill.

They may kill like a sentry gun but vtols and warthogs should be deleted.

The rewards should help you to get to the goal of the game not get the goal

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 59

in reply to RuggedSavior

maybe they should introduce a system where you have kill streaks / support streaks / objective streaks and "bonus streaks"

The kill streaks would work as normal

support streaks would work as MW3

Objective streaks can only be obtained by completing objectives, i.e. grabbing flags / capturing / defending hardpoint or HQ

Bonus streaks would be awarded for things like triple, quad kills, multi-kill nades

so, for example in BO2. You get enough score for a UAV, then get a quad kill feed. You would get your UAV + the bonus streak for the quad kill.

So on and so forth for grabbing flags. They could be a "bonus" on top of what you have already set for score / support streaks.

Level 18

in reply to RuggedSavior

The reward system should be based off winning and losing.  If you win you get 1 point, if you lose you get 0 points.  But if you quit out you get -1 or more points.

3 things that should be done for future COD games with this system: Remove level restrictions from Guns and Perks.  Leaderboard only track points in each gamemode and points/total games.  Add a Trueskill Ranking system that matches you up with people close to you.

Here is an example:http://halo.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/RankHistory.aspx?player=Vrruumm

From here you can make the first 5 levels 1 point.  The next 5 levels 2 points.  The next 5 levels 3 points.  Etc.  Every prestige could be around 500 points and there could be a Trueskill requirement to prestige.  After prestiging you get new camos and other cosmetic things(such as new dots).

Level 47

in reply to RuggedSavior

Why was the MW3 support package so flawed? It wasn't only based on kills, you would get a "kill" towards it when you took objectives or shot down certain air support. It probably needed to reward a lot more for objectives, but I think it was a good idea.

I do agree with this post. However I have myself set up with care package, VSAT, EMP and I find myself able to get that in a lot of objective modes when I have trouble in TDM b/c I actively defend objectives and get extra points for it. I'll take points when the opportunity presents itself but for me it's mostly about locking things down for my team. I would play differently if I didn't care about a death resetting my KS.

What about a system that awards points based on objectives, kills, and other battlefield actions (destroying enemy equipment and air support) and just subtracts points for deaths. A player with more deaths than kills would have trouble getting rewards unless they're pursuing objectives actively.

There still needs to be some sort of deterrent to dying but I agree that the idea of losing all progress based on a single death seems silly, especially in games where the objective has nothing to do with your k/d.

Level 3

in reply to MoonUnit

MoonUnit wrote:

Why was the MW3 support package so flawed? It wasn't only based on kills, you would get a "kill" towards it when you took objectives or shot down certain air support. It probably needed to reward a lot more for objectives, but I think it was a good idea.

Because people who went 14-547347892389234 are not allowed to kill some 1337 Assault strike user who is one off a Reaper with a Stealth Bomber.  Supposedly.

Level 31
Highlighted

in reply to MoonUnit

The idea was sound, the execution was flawed. It needed to be a Support package, and they provided some of the most effective, lethal streaks in the game.

If they had given us true support streaks... it would have made more sense.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to RuggedSavior

I'd rather have killwhores on my team who push the enemy back so I can get on an objective, than people who do nothing but base dive, die, and give the enemy killstreaks to use against us. I play with a full team of killwhores and we win almost every match, no matter the gametype.

Level 22

in reply to RuggedSavior

I never want to see a streak system that doesn't break upon death again. People should not be awarded streaks for dying, especially with streaks that kill. Overall I want killstreaks to be de-emphasized, but I wouldn't mind specific actions earning a streak. Capture a flag in CTF, ok you get a scorestreak reward, capture a HQ, reward. I doubt it happens, so I will settle for a reduction of streaks in general.

Level 25

Studios