Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: Is the Target Finder actually overpowered?

in reply to codchamp1

Heh.  I got a lot of avoids on my rep thing on Xbox with the Striker and this was AFTER it got it nerfs and I was so much better with the Model.  I was handicapping myself and I guess people hated on me for using the Striker.  M4 was my most used weapon.  Never thought to look at the killcams and see why ACRs and Type 95s killed me so often but I never regretted using the M4.

Level 31

in reply to codchamp1

I'd agree that the video wasn't the greatest respresentation of Marksman's effectiveness because the engagements were too close range but ask the guy on Fallen who's in the house above the B flag that gets merked by some guy that saw him with Marksman through leaves and sheet metal on the otherside of the map if it's an effective perk.  Or if you prefer ask the guy on top of the hill in Village that gets dropped by a guy standing on some boxes and looking at leaves over on the C flag side.  I've been on both sides of those equations btw.  If anything Marksman taught MW3 players to be aware of the things that they couldn't see and factor them into their strategy.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

While the video isn't the best example it still shows how good it was but it is the only video on my youtube with Marksman on it, in my time using it there were literally hundreds of "WTF did I just kill that guy" moments, was actually shocked at how overpowered and underused that perk was in MW3.

Level 11

in reply to phxs72

phxs72 wrote:

If anything Marksman taught MW3 players to be aware of the things that they couldn't see and factor them into their strategy.

You're kidding, right?

Because if it taught players to be aware of the things they couldn't see, then why the all the worry over Ghost and SitRep?

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to PandasRpeople2

It's not OP. I do notice that it seems like I ADS with it quicker on 1 or 2 guns, and sometimes I can see a red diamond appear through a wall for a fraction of a second, but if you're running Cold Blooded, then you shouldn't have any problems.

Level 22

in reply to PandasRpeople2

Of course the Target Finder isn't OP come on ! Built in Aimbot ,rock steady aim and good crosshairs not to mention most users are sitting in corners with a LMG and getting insta-kills basically . So NO it's not over powered ! Lol

Level 8

in reply to Brutalkillshots

The aim assist is more of an 'aimbot' by its very nature than the TF.  So why are you playing this game that has a lot of aim assist?

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

I mostly snipe now ;p

Level 8

in reply to Brutalkillshots

Aim assist kicks in when you are fulyl scoped in, so yes it helps sniping.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Whew!  For a minute there I thought that I must have gotten a broken TF.  I was going to have to file a complaint if other people had TFs that did the aiming for them.

Level 69

Studios