Is the DLC honestly worth 1200 points?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Is the DLC honestly worth 1200 points?

in reply to linkinplb

It is rather pricey and I don't even play zombies. I mean, you pay more on the DLC than the game if you purchase all of it and don't buy the season pass. I think it should cost £20 for a season pass and £7-8 per DLC. I would spend £35 on a whole brand new top title game not just new maps for a game I've already spend £40 on.

Level 6

in reply to Dark-Chaos

This pretty much sums up my feelings about it. Not to mention the death of clan ops. Atleast on MW3 the clan ops and prizes were a very nice addition to the gameplay. With almost zero incentive to do clan ops now, the bang for my buck on the season pass seems almost nonexistent. I really couldn't care less about the one new gun as MW3 had 9 more weapons than this whole title right out of the box. But people being so eager to pay more for less is a scary notion for what the future of CoD holds.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

JSlayer211 wrote:

I really couldn't care less about the one new gun as MW3 had 9 more weapons than this whole title right out of the box. But people being so eager to pay more for less is a scary notion for what the future of CoD holds.

Perhaps but there was often less variety between weapons.  As a heavy gunner there are only two LMGs worth bothering with - the MK46 and the L86 when that has grip and thermal attached.  And the AA-12 was useless, so make that 8.

Level 31

in reply to linkinplb

Yep.....

Level 44

in reply to gallp13

If you like zombies-yes.  If you are tired of playing the same old maps-yes.  If you are looking for great maps-no.  I got it becasue I was tired of the same maps. 

Level 2

in reply to linkinplb

I think the only value in the new maps is that they are something different. As far are they worth it. No. If I hadnt already bought the season pass I wouldnt buy another DLC without seeing the maps on youtube first. Same ol maps. You can go right, left, or up the middle. One side of Hydro is exactly the same as the other side of Hydro. Just plain out boring to me. The maps I do like seem to never come up in HCTDM. I have only played the snow map 2 times in atleast 6 hours of gameplay, and Mirage has come up a little more but few and far between.

Make up your own mind, but if your like me you will be very disappointed. I always love when DLC's come out as it is something fresh, but getting tired of your only options to be right,left, or down the middle. Usually the middle having a building to go through. Whoohooo. No thought were put into these maps whatsoever.

Level 9

in reply to openrangeonuall1

I have to admit, the DLC maps do feel rather constricting in the way you want to play on it. In fact, it feels like the same map each time, just a different setting.

Level 6

in reply to linkinplb

To me it isn't a good value.

This game needs more large maps to balance all the small / medium maps that it shipped with. Not to mention those of us that just flat don't play zombies and don't want to start.

Not that it will ever happen, but I think they should at least separate the zombie DLC from the pure multiplayer DLC. I've been forced to buy zombie content far too long just the get new multiplayer maps IMO.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to hairybubba1963

Yeah that kinda put me off little with the zombie DLC being included.  I'm not really a fan of zombie games at all and I do want larger maps where there are fewer CQC engagements.  Maybe they could bring back Seelow from WaW.  That would be like anti-Nuketown.

Level 31

in reply to linkinplb

If the money isn't a problem as you say then get it. It's a good pack and the maps put a lot of the originals to shame. Grind is one of the best looking maps in COD imo and the others are pretty solid. If you plan on playing BO2 all year then I'd say it's value anyway.

Level 18

Studios