Is lag compensation still ruining the game?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Is lag compensation still ruining the game?

I recently ordered BLOPS 2, but I'm considering getting a refund as soon as possible because of the often mentioned problems with the game's lag compensation.

Have these problems not been fixed yet? And is it really still as unenjoyable as Google tells me?

I have a good internet connection, and I'm very sensitive to lag since I've been playing competetively for some time

Thanks

Level 1
30 REPLIES

Re: Is lag compensation still ruining the game?

in reply to SkurkN

so.. you ordered it.. but have you played it?  Or do you just troll the forums and have no need to try anything for yourself?  "I've been playing competetively and I'm sensitive to lag"   Is that code for I get bruised easy and I'll take my toys and leave the sandbox if I'm losing?

Cause honestly, I see no competetive playing here... just a lemming

Level 20

in reply to that6uy420

I've ordered it, but it still hasn't been sent and I've only tried CoD 2, 4 and MW2. These are just last minute second-thoughts, don't see why I would troll this forum - especially in such a dull manner

All I wanted to do was to hear if I had to keep anything in mind before opening the box since my budget is limited

Level 1

in reply to SkurkN

You can find excuses in this game or you can play and get decent, the choice is yours.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

I don't see where you're going

Level 1

in reply to SkurkN

Didn't think you would.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

dont worry, hes a CoD fanboy, game is laggy half the time, reguardless of "lag comp" and even when you 4 bar, the action is so fast people who appear to be looking 90 degrees the other way always kill you first

when grouped up, be prepared to get kicked from group 50% of the time as well while just sitting in pregame lobby. every game still has a host migration because it always finds the person with the worst connection

but dont worry, im just making excuses...right?

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to SkurkN

It's different for each cases. I am also sensitive to lag and I can tell if I'm lagging or not. I say play it for a week or two and see for yourself. I'm mostly on the good side of things 98% of the time but when I'm lagging, I just can't win gun fights against people who are less than half my KD.

Level 35

in reply to SkurkN

the game was good when it first come out , seriously send it back get something else .

i personaly feel i have wasted my money as the game suffers like MW3 still do.

When the game came out it was all i played every day , but with constant changes to weapons (game balance BS ) it has turned a number friends away from playing.

At the end of the day it's up to you, " put up or ship out " . i have gone back to battelfield 3 as there are more people playing on DICE servers so no BS power hungry admins kicking for being battered .

dont get me wrong i liked playing BO2 but things have to change for the good to get me back hosting .

Sgiliau out!

Level 1

in reply to SkurkN

Lol they need to admit there's something wrong for it to be fixed something that ain't going to happen anytime soon !

Which is a shame as the actual game is excellent probably the best/most balanced COD to date but with the connection problems its probably my worst COD and will be glad to see the back of it when the 720 comes out Smiley Happy

Level 8

Studios