Is it worth getting an XBOX for COD?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Is it worth getting an XBOX for COD?

in reply to IndianaSamurai

About owning 4 Xboxs. Well I don't know about overall quality because honestly from what I'm hearing regardless of it being an XBox or PS3 those Lag, hit detection, etc, issues are there in abundance.

That said, at least for CoD they you all always get the DLC a month earlier and waiting sucks so I have a question for you....

I have two kids who play CoD with me, could I buy two XBoxs and each of us playing on our own account without having to pay for three different XBox live annual dues?

See that's what's nice about the PS3/PSN, each of two PS3 has all three of our accounts so regardless of which we play on you can rank up on your own account. And we get to share the DLC no matter which account we're playing on..... I'm wondering if XBox Live has that flexibility.

Level 9

in reply to xtlc2003

As I understand it, (I don't own an XBOX) those features are exclusive to PS3.  XBOX ties the DLC to the specific account that purchased it and doesn't allow other users on the same console access to it.  Additionally, each account that plays online has to have a paid XBL account.  So the cost of just getting access to play online for a multi-account family can be quite substantial.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

WOW!!!

That kind of sucks. Boy that does make me appreciate Sony a little more. I was bitching becasue I wanted to buy a couple of Vitas for the kids but was upset because it does not work like the PS3, each Vita Memory card is tied to an account so even though I can still use my account to buy content for both Vitas they can't build their individual trophies etc.... but now looking at XBOX LIVE I'm glad I can at least do that for the PS3.....

That settles it for me, PS3(4) for me and my kids.....

Level 9

in reply to IndianaSamurai

Lol....and why exactly do you need four xboxes? lol

Level 8

in reply to CLureCO

I bought one at first. Then I decided I want one for me for my 60' TV and one for my boys on their 32'. Then my daughter wanted one as her graduation gift. Then I decided I wanted the limited edition MW3 one. SO that is how we ended up with four, but to tell the truth we now only have 3 as we gave one to my sons friend so he can game also.

Level 18

in reply to surridge1990

I started off playing CoD2 and 3 on my buddies xbox in college. I like the system but was too cheap to pay for the xbl each year! I have a PS3 slim (~3 years old). I am holding out for the new consoles and I will make my choice then, not now.

Level 48

in reply to surridge1990

The main difference you will find between the two is that you have to pay for XBL. Remember that you get what you pay for. You do get access to DLC sooner on several games including COD and The Elder Scrolls. You can play Minecraft (Which if you haven't you need to try it.) There are more players in the Xbox Community as far as COD goes. You will have more people playing with mics. Not to mention the Xbox Exclusives like Halo, Gears of War, and Forza.  It is worth it if you truly love gaming. I have all 3 of the new consoles minus the Wii U. Plus I have a computer that can play most of the new games.

Level 43

in reply to Rednecksniper39

Not to mention Skyrim on Xbox didn't suffer the chronic BSF syndrome that half the PS3 playerbase got hit with...

Level 31

in reply to surridge1990

I bought my first 360 for CoD4. I've also owned a PS3 since then. As soon as I became accustom to the xbox controller I could not play games on the PS3 anymore. If it wasn't for blu-ray my ps3 would just be collecting dust. Oh wait, it does that anyway.

Level 23

in reply to surridge1990

Ultimately, YES, superficially, NO.

Level 8

Studios