Is it possible to suffer from some form of Post traumatic stress whilst playing COD?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Is it possible to suffer from some form of Post traumatic stress whilst playing COD?

in reply to cornforth666

ouch man, I believe there is a self help group for that.  They meet on wednsday next to "My dogs were knifed" group :-)

Level 3
Highlighted

Re: Is it possible to suffer from some form of Post traumatic stress whilst playing COD?

in reply to cornforth666

The posts on this forum are far more likely to give me PTSD than the game itself.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to cornforth666

In order to suffer from PTSD one must first endure the TS part (Traumatic Stress).

And while video games can be frustrating, the 'stress' one might experience playing is non-existent compared to the actual stress one experiences actually being shot at ... for real ... IRL.

If you've ever been terrified enough that your heart felt like it was gonna explode then imagine that multiplied by 10 to get a rough idea what combated related stress feels like.

Level 3

in reply to cornforth666

I hope you aren't serious.   I bet the wounded veterans that come back from the Helmand Province in Afghanistan would smack the **** out of you.   PTSD from video games......pshhh...honestly man, think about it.   Sounds ridiculous.

Level 2

in reply to FURIO1

humour is wasted on you.

Level 2

in reply to cornforth666

Wasn't trying to be humorous.   Just truthful. 

Level 2

in reply to cornforth666

I think this post gave me cancer.

Level 1

Studios