Is Treyarch even listening to the community???

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Is Treyarch even listening to the community???

in reply to AudibleTuna

Needs to know that it will work correctly for everyone? You just summed up why the game shouldn't have been released in this state then. This game is working correctly for almost no one.

Level 1

in reply to xghostops

I think the game is awful, but I wouldn't think the sky is falling from the negativity on forums.

When you are happily playing your game do you have the urge to come to forums and talk about how good of a time you are having?

On the flipside, when you are so furious about a game that you can't even play, where are you likely to go vent that anger?

MW3 was the most panned game in the cod franchise, and it still had a very healthy player base for its lifespan.

BO2 looks like its going to get a lot of hate as well, but there are still plenty who (somehow) enjoy it.

Level 13

in reply to xghostops

I agree with you for the whole hit detection thing.

The Type 25 is supposed to be the most OverPowered Assault Rifle in the game, but whenever I use it, it takes me 8 shots plus to kill a guy. It's just not how I expected BO2 to be

Level 1

in reply to DonutWizard99

The hit detection problem is lag.

Why it takes so much to put someone down is because you are flinching. Of course you don't think you are flinching because you don't see it happen. That's because you are watching the gamestate lagging behind. You are being shot first, even if you see the exact opposite. So you are flinching. This is why you see the killcam show the enemy not flinch when you land what few hits you manage to score.

Until the lag is addressed this will not change. You might be lucky once or twice to be on the positive end of the compensation, but that's unlikely unless you can apparently sabotage your connection. But you can't do that without there being a consequence to the gamestate.

So if Treyarch aren't listening or can't fix their shoddy development, I'd like to know. At least then I can make an informed choice to continue playing. I'm getting a bit tired of camping snipers, quisckopers and people scoring off my connection.    

Level 4

in reply to xghostops

It's been a week, surely they have to collect feedback and analyze it first, before they even set about a plan of action.

Just be glad that Treyarch aren't DICE where glitches are left in the game until they release a 1gb+ "patch" every 3-4 months which usually breaks more than it fixes.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to kaospil0t

My favorite broken patch EVER will be the skyrim patch that made the dragons fly BACKWARDS.

That is when I realized that developers don't even spend 20 minutes testing their patches in the game world.

Level 28

in reply to xghostops

Dude, today the game is a WEEK F'ing old, they CAN'T fix everything in one week.  NOTHING works that way in life so get over it.  Be patient as they are working on top priority items over stupid things that need tweaking, there is a priority list.  There is no fix for lag and there never will be.

Level 11

in reply to xghostops

Huge Treyarch fan but this is ridiclous!  Fix it now.  My KD will take forever to get back to my 1.6 average.  My win ratio has suffered greatly due to this. 

I am disgusted that the game was even sold like this.

Level 9

in reply to kemicalsupreme

My point is the game is only out a week give it time it will be fixed, every game has problems at launch which are eventualy ironed out.No we shouldnt get a broken game but it has happened in every cod.dont like it dont buy the game simple as that

Level 2

in reply to xghostops

I dont know why there is so much lag since we have dedicated servers now. Oh wait they BS'd about that too. As much as I love COD crack Im looking forward to the BF dlc. I have a little(very little) faith that it will get better but to expect it on week two after release is ignorant. It takes time. Also there is no way of getting around these type of problems before release on a game this big. Even if they did a live beta 750+k wouldnt play the beta at the same time. Whatever.....from someone who has bought all the CODs im not even stressing over this. Its typical.      Also F Nuketown...its fun but not worth my time signing some gay petition. Do you really think the removal of Nuketown wasnt planned. The people at 3arc arent dumb they knew damn well it would cause a nerd uproar.

Level 2

Studios