Improve hard point - make hard point locations random

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Improve hard point - make hard point locations random

What ruined hard point for me was that hard point locations aren't random, majority of the time you have people sitting at the next hard point location before it even appears. I think hard point would be a lot better if hard point locations were random, it would be more fun/chaotic to have players scrambling around because nobody would know where the next hard point location could be, it would also make it a little more challenging.

Level 8
27 REPLIES

Re: Improve hard point - make hard point locations random

in reply to Swaggin412

Hope you are prepared for the angry kill whores to give you 1 million bogus reasons it should stay static. Dynamic hardpoints would be the best imo. Right now, I just pretty much stay away from hardpoint matches as it's majorly a deathfest and lowstreak-topia.

Level 18

in reply to Swaggin412

I see your point and it definitely would up the chaos factor (not a bad thing imo) but there is some strategy advantages to knowing the hardpoint rotation.  Yes, you can get to the next hardpoint before it pops up.  I've seen teams use this to their advantage when the enemy team has thoroughly locked down the current hardpoint.  They proceed to the next hardpoint and lock it down rather than contining to feed the enemy kills.  It can help to keep the games close.  Not knowing the next hardpoint location would take away this aspect but it would introduce a bit of pot luck for whatever team just happened to be posted up in the right area.  I don't think that it would be a game breaking dynamic but it definitely would make it a different game.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I see where you coming from, I don't think dynamic locations would be ground breaking. but it would keep you on your toes at all times and remove the "comfort" zone factor becacause like you said with static locations players are already know where to go. Dynamic locations could make for close games too, nobody has an advantage because its random and nobody knows where it can pop up next.

Level 8

in reply to Swaggin412

Watching the timer and moving to the next Hardpoint at the right time is part of the game strategy.  It works the same way as Headquarters, doesn't it (I haven't played much HQ since BO)?

I see what the OP is getting at, but I think randomizing the HP would put to big a luck factor into deciding the game.  As it is now, your spawn point is related to your teams being in possession of the HP or not.  If your team has it locked down, you will spawn close by.

If you randomize the HP, you could be getting killed away from the objective and end up spawning right next to the new HP.  That would give you an advantage that you hadn't earned, and potentially influence the outcome of the game.

The problem I have with HP right now is the same issue that plagues all objective modes.  Groups of kill-whores who take advantage of teams trying to play the objective in order to farm easy kills.  These guys ignore the concept of winning and just hold down choke points between the spawn and the objective.  If you want to win, with the clock ticking and limited routes available, you have to fight your way through them.  A crappy metaphor would be having Ray Lewis playing second base in full equipment looking to slobber-knock you out while you tried to round the bases in a baseball game.  You just arent' playing the same game. 

Level 12

in reply to Ungrateful_Dead

But Hardpoint as it is, is a killwhore fantasy wet dream come true. You know where everyone is going to go before they even get there lol. How much better can it be? Not only that but you even get a timer to show you how long you can expect them to come there and be at the next spot to smack them up in route there as well lol. As long as it stays static, it will be an easy farmfest. Matter of fact, I think I will go call in some swarms on that tonight lol.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to Swaggin412

I'd like to see it random as well, same with headquarters...players love to cherrypick it for the free capture

Level 32

in reply to Swaggin412

I totally agree. Its not skill knowing where the next location is. Memorizing hard point locations goes beyond game skill and its stupid that its possible to do it. It should be random.

Level 8

in reply to Swaggin412

I agree. I enjoyed hardpoint until I learned you can know the next location.

Level 17

in reply to Swaggin412

I don't play Hardpoint enough to learn the locations. Even then, it's called strategy. What's stopping you from keeping an eye on the reset timer and running to the next location when there's 10 seconds left? When in Rome...

Level 22

Studios