If you say that this game is balanced, then....

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: If you say that this game is balanced, then....

in reply to RemiG1985Quebec

that makes no sense, Mw3 did a good job with weapon balencing leaving the FMG9s out of course, everybody thinks that the ACR was the one best but that was only because it had no recoil. statiscally it had a slow RoF and weak damage, the MP7 sucked outside of CQC if someone knew how to aim. and even then in CQC the shotguns, and PM-9 mowed it down.

but this game the PDW and MSMC don't honestly have the weaknesses that you could take advantage of.

easy to control recoil, 3-5 shot kills, way to much ammo and fast reloads with the ability to have fast mags. not to mention the speed is top of the list just behind the knife.

its far from balenced

Level 18

in reply to parnezzi

Weapon in FPS are like cars in racing games.

I would not want to play a racing game in which all cars are balanced, equals. I want the Ferrari's to be faster than the Honda, and I want the rear wheel drive car to handle differently than the front wheel drive. You can't choose any car and do as good.

Same with my weapons in FPS. I want a variety of weapons, stronger and weaker ones, I want a different feel to each of them, I dont want them all balanced, equal. Riotshield  is and should be a weaker weapon. You can't choose any weapon and expect to do as good.

Some weapon are weak overall, increasing the satisfaction when getting a kill with them. Some are overall very good, which make them not as gratifying when using them. The variety is what make the game fun.

Guns are truly different from one each other, they are not equals, and I'm happy its not just cosmetical

Level 5

in reply to RemiG1985Quebec

Hahahaa. What are you on about? Every weapon should be good in it's own way. BALANCE. Otherwise, what's the point of them? The MSMC and PDW are overpowered.

Level 3

in reply to parnezzi

parnezzi wrote:

that makes no sense, Mw3 did a good job with weapon balencing leaving the FMG9s out of course, everybody thinks that the ACR was the one best but that was only because it had no recoil. statiscally it had a slow RoF and weak damage, the MP7 sucked outside of CQC if someone knew how to aim. and even then in CQC the shotguns, and PM-9 mowed it down.

but this game the PDW and MSMC don't honestly have the weaknesses that you could take advantage of.

easy to control recoil, 3-5 shot kills, way to much ammo and fast reloads with the ability to have fast mags. not to mention the speed is top of the list just behind the knife.

its far from balenced

either you have slow reflexes or you use an airsoft gun.  I've no problems mowing people down with my FAL, Swat-5.56, M27, AN-94, Scar-H....there are several more AR's here but I've not really gotten into them as of yet.  No problems yet from SMG users.

It's cute too that you mention weapon balance on MW3 but have to exclude the FMG-9

Level 20

in reply to that6uy420

because obviously the FMG9 akimbos were balanced? did you ever play a game where someone was just using them as primaries?  i excluded them because they weren't balanced in any way, and were way to powerful.

and im sorry my connection isn't the worst and is below average, i always play with people were im not the slowest connection so i can't abuse the lag comp unless i force my connection to slow down.

my reflexes are fine, but the hit detection with lag comp does turn my weapon into a paintball gun.

Level 18

in reply to parnezzi

parnezzi wrote:

Eh?  I thought it had the strongest damage for each bullet except the MK14?  I found the MP7 to be good as a makeshift AR tbh.  Very few people used the PM-9 but the PP90M1 was certainly popular.

Level 31

in reply to hAzeSVK

Add long-barrel to your SMG = mobile assault rifle with faster time-to-kill than all actual ARs.

Not to mention less recoil, better hipfire, blah blah blah.

I've been solely using the PDW with long barrel and laser sight and this thing is OP as fuck. More range than an AR, faster ROF, more bullets per mag, same 3 shot kill category.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to Ezcru

Laser Sight is a waste and I don't know how much increase long barrel has on SMGs but I wouldn't be surprised if it's minimal and that people are spending points on stuff they can do without.  Just like grip doesn't really do anything.

Level 31

in reply to hAzeSVK

hAzeSVK wrote:

...why is top weapon to 70% of BO2 players MSMC or PDW-57 ? Or any other SMG? I rarely see someone who hasn't got top weapon SMG...They are just too fu**in easy to use...

Just because everyone else is using that gun doesnt make it unbalanced or OP. simply makes it favored is all. If you can do just as well with any other weapon then its not OP or unbalanced.

and if you cant do well with any other weapon, that says more about you then it says about them.

Level 45

in reply to hAzeSVK

Maybe because most people aren't long range campers. Get over it.

Level 20

Studios