I thought they were supposed to reduce camping with this game?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

I thought they were supposed to reduce camping with this game?

Every game I get into there's at least one if not multiple LMG/Target Finder users that just sit there ADS in a corner looking out a door or down a hallway all game long.

Edit: This was the main point of the original post. I guess I really meant to say that I'm dissapointed in Treyarch's solutions to the problem after they made a great deal before the game came out that camping would not be as viable a play style as it was in previous games. However, this LMG/Target Finder combo I mentioned is basically a camper's dream; throw in the ability to set down 2 trophy systems and block off a doorway with an assault shield and you've got your ultimate camping setup.

Also, I'm not saying that I suck so much that I can't kill the people that do this. I'll take them out with a sniper or throw a C4 in their room or something and just watch them run right back to the same spot again throughout the game. It's more of an annoyance than anything, since it can slow a game down soooooo much to the point where you won't even hear gunshots on the map because everyone is hiding somewhere.

Level 3
45 REPLIES

Re: I thought they were supposed to reduce camping with this game?..

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

If you can't beat the campers in this game, the issue is you. It has never been so easy to take out a camper as it is in this one.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

Oh boy..you just set yourself for a dozen or so "then stop playin", "stop whining", " change your tactics" comments.  And you can't argue with any of them. You know where he is, you have the advantage.

Also, unless you make people die after standing still for 5 secs, people gonna camp.

Level 2

in reply to wash0ut1

the only capers I see are clans. Any time you play hardcore with 2 or more clan memeber all they ever do is camp. other than that everyone camps a little adapt or die

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to bumpn1

Not all clans. My lot can't help but run around, though we mainly play KC anyway.

The worst lot I came across went like this:

Map, Slums. They had bottom spawn, game starts, we leg it to the middle, not a soul to be seen. Realise straight away something is up. All of a sudden those of us with engineer are blinded by the glowing red everything you can image (6 players worth of Betty's, shocks, claymores, trophies, shields, tacs etc). So what are we supposed to do? We just kept lobbing EMP and explosives down there. Managed to shoot a few as well, that was a boring ass game.

Level 16

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

I've been using an LMG w/ target finder lately trying to get them to diamond.

I can say that you pretty much have to camp a little to get kills, because you cant really just run around and ADS on people due to the LMG mechanics.  You might get a spray kill every now and then, but you are gonna be negative for sure.  You cant play with an LMG like it's an SMG.

I move from hotspot to hotspot and see if I can catch anyone, but I don't consider it camping.   I'm not like laying a room with 2 betties and 2 shock charges waiting for people to come in.  I am actively looking for people to murder.  I might shoot someone from a window, but I move on to another spot after a few seconds.

To further fuel your rage, I also use FMJs.

Level 17

in reply to Griefbot

I have diamond LMGs as well, and I understand you have to play a bit slower and ADS as much as possible. But when I used them I would still be actively seeking people to shoot at, not just passively sit in a corner and ADS until someone walks into my sights.

Level 3

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

Camping will never go away, it's impossible in a shooter.

Level 34

in reply to avengedyesterda

http://fortnightlitpress.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/knapp01.png?w=480

Level 7

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

if you can't beat them then join them

Level 18

Studios