I thought they were supposed to reduce camping with this game?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: I thought they were supposed to reduce camping with this game?..

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

R0CKSTARR wrote:

Every game I get into there's at least one if not multiple LMG/Target Finder users that just sit there ADS in a corner looking out a door or down a hallway or whatever. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to play this game anymore it's so bad. And I like how Treyarch said leading up to the game's release that they were going to make it harder for people to camp, but in reality they made it even easier.

The camper thread persists, nice to read one every week.

"camping" is a valid game style option, what treyarch did was make it more difficult to find those one dudes who are hiding with ghost. That's all.

If I were you, I would stop playing this game.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

true its a strat, but its just boring IMO, i avoid it as much as possible. sitting in one spot for any extended time gets boring.

Level 1

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

I find it easy to get campers.  Just think about your classes and put together a "anti-camping" class with EMP nades, danger close with a couple frags or c4's, engineer, etc. You can get em out of there.

Level 12

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

They cant MAKE someone run around.And besides, why should they MAKE someone play a certian way.  They gave more points for playing the objective and along with the new scorestreak system they did a pretty good job of enticing people to play the objective. Other then that, everyone has the right to play the game how they want. Campers are annoying, yes, but they paid for the game just like you. So quit crying.

Level 8

in reply to rdnsnow

agreed.

Level 12

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

You don't want to play because somebody is beating you?   Are you serious?   Camping is a tactic and if you can't counter it then maybe you should stop playing. 

Maybe some people don't find running laps around the map fun.  Or if I am holding down an area and you keep coming back doing the same thing I am going to stay there and let you feed me kills. 

Some games are about map control,   Sometimes you defend sometimes you attack. Or some games are just running chaos.  Just go with the flow of the game.  

But the crying about camping is old. People can play how they want. 

Level 6

in reply to jaysonsp

Many reasons people canp

Connection

Challenges

Gun Camo try doing 150 kills with no perks or attachments with a single or 3 shot ar, while running around? Let me know how that works out.

Bloodthirstys on some weapons.

Because its fun and some guys are just dumb.

Preventing spawn flippers <a personal favourite of mine> you cant be spawn trapped if one or two guys hold your teams spawn down <not much glory but lots of satisfaction capping the spawn killers>.

Etc etc etc

Cheers

Level 7

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

I camp and I roast you. Marshmallows anyone?

Level 27

in reply to R0CKSTARR1

Instead of automatically bashing you like some of these people did, I'll just say that I do feel like they did make it easier to camp. I hate people who just sit in the corner the entire game doing absolutely nothing just waiting for their victims to pass by. In my opinion, that is only reserved for the weak players who can't get kills themselves. (Or they could possibly be doing it for an entirely different reason like getting gun camos, lag issues, and whatnot.) You also have to take into consideration that people have the right to camp objectives or in anyway possible since no one can force them to not camp.

That's all the nice things I have to say about your post. Now you can't come here and begin to complain about them making it easier since it is very possible to get rid of them. Also, if you're getting camped, why continuously go in the same location where they can kill you over and over again? You're only helping them and motivating them to stay in that same spot so they can keep doing it. At least be smart enough to know not to go near him/her. No one really cares if you're thinking of not playing this game anymore due to campers. You're only making them look better.

Level 8

in reply to Ovrlord

I camp but I am not cheap enough to use a "target finder". Today I saw a final killcam where a guy looked out a window and a red dimaond flashed 25 yards to his left and then he decided to look over there and shoot the enemy. In a non target finder world that guy is a sittign duck in that window,.

I find it hard to believe traget finder will be defended by anyone who is not a noob.

Level 12

Studios