I think Hunter Killer Drone has a pattern

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

I think Hunter Killer Drone has a pattern

Have you noticed that the Hunter Drone always targets the person who almost got a high scorestreak or is the top player in the enemies team? My theory is that the Hunter Drone Scorestreak was designed to stop players doing well, its like a Deathstreak (stopping other player to do well) but you have to earn it. When i almost got a high Scorestreak and i only need 100-200 points to earn something good then the Hunter Drone waits till i go into the open to kill me. I highly doubt that my whole team is running Blindeye all the time.

Your thoughts?

Level 24
15 REPLIES

Re: I think Hunter Killer Drone has a pattern

in reply to FixBlops2

I've never noticed because it seems random for me and my friends, but we usually get inside, or I destroy it with an emp grenade before it kills us.

Level 22
Highlighted

in reply to FixBlops2

run blind eye next time and then get your high streak going and see if it targets you. If not then nope. only targets those with out blind eye on. so because you did not have it on, it found you. and believe it or not a lot do use that perk just to hide from that score streak since it is fairly easy to get on many maps and playlists.

I usually earn one with out even needing kills to get it because of using uav and getting the kills for it. my team usually gets me a hk for me most of the time.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

run blind eye next time and then get your high streak going and see if it targets you.

Um.. surely it won't go for you with blind eye on, regardless of your score or score streak count...

Level 29

in reply to gdexter

Right, so the simple solution to avoid it and not ever have to worry about it being used is to use blind eye. That was my point about it. If a person is getting killed by it several times then use blind eye and not worry about it anymore.

Level 70

You misunderstood my posting, i don't complain about the Hunter Killer Drone LOL and of course it doesn't targets me when i am using Blindeye since its the protection against it, i know that. I don't see many people using Blindeye and thats why i believe the Hunter Drone has a pattern.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

Perhaps this stems back from the COD4 days - the Chopper killstreak always targeted the highest scoring player more than the rest of the team.

And to think back then, there were no perks to hide from Killstreaks - just an RPG and a prayer!

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

Wasn't it the same with the Harrier in MW2? i could swear the Harrier followed the highest score player.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

Ya know this reminds me of teh ole sniperfrog.exe threads that used to go around. Claiming there was some code that was built in to cause the game to target the highest player and make them die or make their weapon not work correctly at a crucial moment in time causing them to die by enemy fire.

Level 70

You are a crazy weird dude dragon LOL.

Level 24

Studios