I have a problem with the sniper rifle mobility in this game.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: I have a problem with the sniper rifle mobility in this game.

in reply to MEAN_MACHINE

i'd tend to think that 50 yards or even 100 yards with these weights would mean absolutely nothing to a trained soldier. but that's just my guess. those guys have to run miles and do push ups n stuff, from what i've seen in the movies.

Level 20

in reply to wikked75

they are trained and from what i would guess elite even. but a 4 foot long 25lb gun is clearly gonna slow you down more than a 3lb 2 foot gun.

Level 1

in reply to MEAN_MACHINE

over really long distances, i'd agree with you, but not noticably over 30-50 feet. i'd definately say it should make a difference in aiming down the sight, but other than that... i'd definately agree that lmgs and sniper rifles should at least have the same mobility.

Level 20

in reply to MEAN_MACHINE

On one hand, I say game balance trumps reality, but holy crap, I never knew a sniper would be heavier than an LMG.

Level 15

in reply to MEAN_MACHINE

... i would expect snipers to run at the lower in of AR's and faster end of LMG's. or are u using light weight?  if a sniper can keep up with a SMG then they need to be slower. snipers are made to well snipe. this supports QS behavore.

Level 22

in reply to MEAN_MACHINE

Snipers suck in black ops 2 for most maps. High skilled weapons are not a problem. Unless you're bad-average and play such high skilled / better players 24/7.

They had the mobility right in mw3. Bolts = AR level, Heavy semi"s with high bolt multipliers = lmg level & weaker semi’s = AR level of movement. They removed qdraw ads speed on snipers though, so be happy.

I can tell you right now you will get killed more by the T-25 alone than all sniper rifles combined.

Level 9

in reply to SnipinDB

Honestly I have yet to hear a comment on here that really gives any kind of backing to treyarch making the move to give the sniper basically built in lightweight with the gun itself.

Level 1

in reply to MEAN_MACHINE

They have not. The in bar stats are often wrong. They have 95 % mobility, just like ARs. Also that video Fistacuffs something made, makes no sense. Like if it's an advantage to run around with snipers. Hilarious. Must be why he will use ars 24/7.

Level 9

in reply to MEAN_MACHINE

in the army we run with 60-90lbs on our back and sometims a 30-40lbs gun haha thats nothing the m107 irl berly is over 20lbs its sniper

Level 5

Studios