How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: How to ruin Call of Duty - Message To Treyarch

in reply to bozster

Another "Playing the objective" post. 

Problem number 1 which you so clearly state is that you are not playing with a group of people.  Domination is a team game.  If you want to win play with a team.  If not then expect to lose a lot.

Problem number 2:  Playing the objective is not the right strategy for any game type.

So here is the deal.  Each and every game mode is about controling the map.  The more your team slays the other team the more of the map it controls.  The more of the map your team controls the more likely you are to win, which is the ultimate objective. 

Jumping on the objective just to try and get it is not the answer.  Slaying and controling the map then getting the objective is the answer. 

However, I am absolutly fine with people thinking that getting the objective is how they are going to win the match.  Makes it a whole lot easier for me to keep winning. 

Level 6

in reply to MrJDubbs11

here is the fun partSmiley Very Happy

not everyone can or want to play with a 6 man party.

i myself can play with 5 others but the problem is i need to play on american connection(im from the netherlands)

i average around a 2 bar when they search funSmiley Very Happy

the other players its only 1 or 2 at a time maybe 3 if were lucky but 1 is at the same skill level as me the other 2 plain out suck.

pushing back? ah you mean spawn killing.

if you dont hop onto flags you should just instantly die removing all your points and start anew.

if you place yourself in a place that can aid the objective im all in for it but i see people going into a corner with no purpose.

i usualy leave the A/C flag for my team so i can cap the most difficult flag the B flag and i succeed alot of the time since im also an pretty decent slayer.

but then i see the rest of my team standing behind me while im fighting for my life and the flag and they are shooting random enemies left and right which arent even aiding me.

my idea was this.

if you play the objective get 100 points a kill.

if you camp you only get 50 points(they can make out if you camp for an objective or camp uselessly)

and the rest just the same.

Level 6

in reply to Darkdyllon11

Getting kills away from the objective can often times be more important than getting kills near the objective.

I know I have three or 4 people around B so if someone approaches from a high traffic area they are going to be killed.  Its that person that is flanking that causes trouble. 

The good player who flanks your team can absolutely change the game.  So setting up someone on the far side of the map for example on RAID near the pool makes sense.  If someone breaks through and kills your teammates around B from behind your teams line map control is lost. 

What I tend to see in Domination is the enemy team hiding in their spawn while my team rains down hell.  Heck now we three cap because just having two flags is boring. 

Also if you are a good slayer than you are most useful to your team slaying.  To the extent you can keep people trapped in their home spawn point and focused on you they are not focusing on the objective.  If you can keep people pinned down someone should be able to take B if your team needs to recapture. 

However, if you do not get control first you will often die a ton trying to get B because the other team has control of the map. 

The only way to make people play the objective they way you think they need to, is to remove streaks of all kinds from the game.  As long as you get rewarded for not dying (correct incentive) people will stay away because 6 randoms play as individuals and not a team.

Level 6

in reply to MrJDubbs11

A lot of people miss this out in the objective argument. I'm pretty happy to jump on a flag (ask anyone I play with) but just because I'm operating away from one doesn't mean I'm not helping - I'm rooting out defenders, intercepting people en route to power positions, making an absolute nuisance of myself and drawing enemy attention and manpower away from the objective.

Level 31

in reply to MrJDubbs11

Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about. Great posts dude.

Level 20

in reply to bozster

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - Time and Patience." - Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Level 10

in reply to Proclaimor1

Lol yes very good grasshopper!  But have you ever been In a game where EVERYONE is camping ! Its goddam pathetic ! I did enjoy running from corner to corner killing them though Smiley Happy

Level 8

in reply to bozster

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/83/15/af9f21359130dad0cb50d184b56dddfa-how-buying-videogames-is-different-from-buying-everything-else.jpg

Level 18

in reply to bozster

And yet.....

Cowen & Company analyst Doug Creutz said post-holiday sales trends for Black Ops II have been “significantly better” than those for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Level 44

in reply to bozster

And yet.....

Cowen & Company analyst Doug Creutz said post-holiday sales trends for Black Ops II have been “significantly better” than those for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Level 44

Studios