How to complete the first mission - To rescue Woods. ???

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

How to complete the first mission - To rescue Woods. ???

I have just started playing COD Black Ops 2, and I am stuck in the very first mission which is to rescue Woods in Africa or somewhere. I have played this one like for atleast 5-6 hours (not at a stretch) and am still unable to finish it. The enemy soldiers just keep coming and coming no matter how many you kill.

Please give any tips on how to finish this one soon so that I can move on with the game.

Level 1
8 REPLIES

Re: How to complete the first mission - To rescue Woods. ???

in reply to RedDevil7290

Sounds like you're near the end of that mission. Get really, really close to Woods when it seems like you're stuck, like stick-your-gun-through-his-face close. Staying close to Woods should allow the mission to continue.

- TopFighter

Level 47

in reply to extremefight49

Thanks for your help, but I didn't understand. How do I know who Woods is ?? Is it the big black guy at the start of the mission who gives out orders ??

Level 1

in reply to RedDevil7290

Woods is the man you rescue from the container on the boat and then have to carry for a while

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to tracy

Thanks for the info. Where exactly is the boat stationed ?? Do I need to kill all rebels to reach there or is there another way, where I could rescue Woods without getting too much into the battle.

Level 1

in reply to RedDevil7290

If you're really stuck check out this website - I bought the book as well as using this for helpful hints

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/call-of-duty-black-ops-2/Walkthrough

It even lists challenges that need to be completed

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Highlighted

in reply to RedDevil7290

If you haven't gotten to Woods yet then, what you need to do is keep pushing towards the next checkpoint.  Along the way you are going to need to kill some rebels but what you really need to concentrate on is taking out the tanks, and guys on the mounted mahine guns.  Those are your true objectives.  The rebels will just keep respawning until you do those things.

Level 69

in reply to RedDevil7290

You can always go to you tube and find a walkthrough. Also if you hit the select button it will tell you your current objective.

Level 9

in reply to RedDevil7290

Get er done!

Level 1

Studios