How many players are still online playing mw3?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: How many players are still online playing mw3?

in reply to codchamp1

I may have just had a few bad games, but it was enough to turn me off playing MW3 again.... The whole reasone I decided to play MW3 was that I ran into a team of pistol only players in BO2, that dominated the 3 games I played with them. And they wern't even playing with the Kap40 or the Br33....

Level 2

in reply to copiusmind

These are the reasons why i dont like Black ops 2 anymore. You get games where kids that are bad can win or control a game with pistol only or quickscopes only.it is pathetic and ruins the game.

MW3 is where it is at if you want a fair gunfight

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

mw3 it is then. Leaving in a minuite to go get it again.

Even the graphics are better on mw3.

Level 12

in reply to codchamp1

lol "Fair gunfight"? That's the last thing MW3 was associated with. Do people not remember the dual FMG9s? Or the MP7 or ACR? Or the "see someone first = you win" system? You don't have to be good at aiming or tactics in MW3, you just have to pull the trigger first and you win. That's not how it should be. It should be that whoever can actually aim and land the bullets first wins. It's not a gunfight if you die as soon as you turn a corner.

BTW this thread is almost funny, how people are saying MW3 is good at the very things that nearly everyone was frustrated with last year with MW3. MW3's definitely the worst Call of Duty yet.

Level 18

in reply to codchamp1

codchamp wrote:

MW3 is where it is at if you want a fair gunfight

Not for me, not during its cycle anyway.  COD titles tend to play better when the next one is out for some reason for me.  Wouldn't put it past the player base to be throttling their lines with bittorrent traffic because their stats are so important!1!11one

MW2 plays best for me.  Shame because I have barely played it so I have barely anything unlocked and, when I go up against Scavenger/OMA + DC tubers it's gonna be 'fun'.  Usually CB + UMP45 does the trick though.

Level 31

in reply to Syndicatekiller

It's still active.  I had shelved it back when it had so many of the problems with "lag" that BO2 is struggling with.  I got to like prestige 4 and bailed out.

I started it again recently and it's pretty fun now.  Whatever they did in October that fixed the lag for so many people also worked for me.

I also had paid for elite, so when I downloaded all the DLC, it's almost as fresh as BO2.

Level 17

in reply to Griefbot

thats good to hear.  Im gonna go pick it up again.  I traded it in like a dummy thinking 3arc was gonna rock n roll. WHOOPS.

I want my mw3.  I was also Elite Founder.  Gonna go pick it up in a hr or two.

Level 12

in reply to LargeLentils

After MW3 I seriously thought about not buying any more CoD games, however the strength of BlOps1 convinved me that 3arc wouldn't let me down. Yeah, I know better now.

I've been back on MW3 since I bought BlOps2, and as much as I didn't really like the game last year, I have to say, compared to BlOps2, it's a golden game. Far superior. I guess even Fake IW can make a better game than 3arc. Disappointing.

Level 4

in reply to Bester19761

Exactly my thoughts. The strength of BO1 made me think BO2 wold be far better than mw3.  And I enjoyed mw3!!!

Im gonna have to pick it up.  Im going to GS in a minute.  From what I hear they really pollished up the lag comp in the last few months on mw3. 

THats quality service.  I can recall on the forums (here, but mw3's) IW would agree there was issues, and then tell us when/what they were doing.

Not so with 3arc, which is NOT what I expected.

Level 12

in reply to LargeLentils

They did several tweaks for lag and matchmaking and the game did get better over time. But what I appreciated was their owning the issues and trying to fix it. I know for some, things never improved, but nothing will play well for everyone. There's also a lot of baaaad design decisions in the game, but if you can avoid them the game is great.

Ghandi in the Hotfix/Patch Notes thread was always online answering questions (even Mark Rubin, IW equiv of Vahn answered tons of questions on Twitter).

Meanwhile Vahn tweets about new features for League Play and the harlem shake. o__O. Even when he does answer questions, they are always super cryptic answers that are just annoying. Just go back and find his sequence of tweets on the whole Grip placebo thing. The guy needs to learn customer service 101. That, or appoint a community manager who will actually answer some questions. But I can understand not having resources for that. They are probably all working on League Play since, you know, that's CoD big draw to consumers. #facepalm

Level 9

Studios