How does booting work (Or in this case, NOT work)?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

How does booting work (Or in this case, NOT work)?

So I entered a game mid-play.  I pop off a triple kill and get gunned down.  I respawn, get a bloodthristy (While also destroying a pesky Sentry) then I get betrayed by a teammate (Along with 3 other teammates) who throws a grenade on all of us.

I respawn, and this teammate is following me around trying to shoot me (Horribly, I might add).  He follows me into a room, shoots me in the head (Back-to-back betrayal deaths) and it says I am booted.

So I played for about 4:00 minutes, went 10-3 (1 death, 2 betrayed deaths) and 0 teammate kills.  How and why was I kicked off?  The Betrayer then sent an immediate message saying "derp derp", which I can't tell if it's supposed to be incindiery or that he's apologizing for a mistake? I just ignored it and moved on, but I'm just curious for future games, what to expect for booting terms?

Level 1
7 REPLIES

Re: How does booting work (Or in this case, NOT work)?

in reply to ACTI0N1

Boosting is when you feed kills to a friend who is on an opposite team.

I've heard in other games where if your host you can see everyone who is in your games ip and they can then boot you by flooding your ip... But I think in your case the message was in retaliation to him being a douche.. Maybe while shooting at somebody he jumped in felt of you... I've had that happen to me when I play hc...which isn't often.. Where a guy team kills me twice.. Then follows me around and jumps in front of my shots to get me booted. :/

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to randomhero204

Just another reason as to why hc is terrible. ..

Might be a tad better if they had ricochet...

Level 12

B.S.

Level 25

Nope .. ricochet is horrible.

Level 2

in reply to ACTI0N1

If you had no TKs you shouldn't have been kicked, period. Video?

Level 25

in reply to NoLifeKing29

Agreed, I expect there were probably team kills you didnt realise... worth going back through the game video and taking a look, it might help you understand what went wrong.

Level 14

in reply to ACTI0N1

So I rewatched the video as per everyone's suggestions from his perspective. . .You know what he did?  He purposely dove onto my Bouncing Betties and self-detonated them with his handgun! 

COD should be counting these as suicides not betrayals.

What a loser troll that guy is. . .

Level 1

Studios