How do we get ghost fixed? I don't want to QS to use a sniper rifle.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: How do we get ghost fixed? I don't want to QS to use a sniper rifle.

in reply to ghorman

Thats exactly what they are doing, why on gods earth I do not know, what are they thinking?

Level 2

They are ruining their own game with this bullshit , Ghost should be as it used to be , not this useless rubbish

Level 2

in reply to zo0M3rz

Maybe you should just go back to BO so you can hide without being found and neglect UAVs and other killstreaks.  The game has change for the best.  Puts a real challenge in the game rather than having everything just handed out.

Level 47
Highlighted

in reply to ghorman

At first I was OK with the Ghost change. I move around anyways, I don't camp. The first few days, it made me a better player. I was more aware of my surroundings.

But now the effect of the change is rearing it's ugly head.

The irony is this. The change was made to prevent camping. What has happened, however... is that once a team gets a UAV in the air, they can then camp it out and wait for the red dots. Even with Ghost equipped, you register if you slow down long enough to ADS or advance on a target slowly or tactically. It is disheartening to have the drop on someone because a teammate communicated location only to have them run directly towards your red dot which appeared when you stopped for a split second to check your corners or advance carefully through a door.

Either needs to be put back to where it protects you no matter what, OR tuned to a point where you are able to stop moving long enough for tactical purposes. Long enough to fire a rocket.

If not put it back to full strength, then do this. If you are moving, no dot at all. If you stop moving for 10 seconds, you have a ten second period in which your dot gradually fades back in until it is solid (kind of the reverse of what happens when you die and your dot disappears). This would benefit all play styles. Campers would be able to hold an area more effectively. Runners would be able to get the drop on campers who linger in one spot too long. No effective player can ever keep moving at all times, nonetheless move quickly. There are always times when you need to slow down or stop entirely for tactical reasons.

Teammate runs into a building, you are trailing behind them. You watch them go inside, and die immediately. Would running into the building be the intelligent thing to do? No, you would a) hit the deck and watch the doorway for exiting enemies, b) carefully breach the building, moving slowly and checking your corners.... pretty much any solution would involve slowing down or stopping. Seems silly to punish players for handling that situation correctly.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

finally, glad you realize how it affects it in a bad way

Level 6

in reply to Catfishbillyy1

I try to remain positive. I have been enjoying the game, but cracks are showing. I wasn't having any connection issues early on, been seeing a few more lately.

I wanted this to work, but it just isn't happening.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

At first I was OK with the Ghost change. I move around anyways, I don't camp. The first few days, it made me a better player. I was more aware of my surroundings.

But now the effect of the change is rearing it's ugly head.

The irony is this. The change was made to prevent camping. What has happened, however... is that once a team gets a UAV in the air, they can then camp it out and wait for the red dots. Even with Ghost equipped, you register if you slow down long enough to ADS or advance on a target slowly or tactically. It is disheartening to have the drop on someone because a teammate communicated location only to have them run directly towards your red dot which appeared when you stopped for a split second to check your corners or advance carefully through a door.

Either needs to be put back to where it protects you no matter what, OR tuned to a point where you are able to stop moving long enough for tactical purposes. Long enough to fire a rocket.

If not put it back to full strength, then do this. If you are moving, no dot at all. If you stop moving for 10 seconds, you have a ten second period in which your dot gradually fades back in until it is solid (kind of the reverse of what happens when you die and your dot disappears). This would benefit all play styles. Campers would be able to hold an area more effectively. Runners would be able to get the drop on campers who linger in one spot too long. No effective player can ever keep moving at all times, nonetheless move quickly. There are always times when you need to slow down or stop entirely for tactical reasons.

Teammate runs into a building, you are trailing behind them. You watch them go inside, and die immediately. Would running into the building be the intelligent thing to do? No, you would a) hit the deck and watch the doorway for exiting enemies, b) carefully breach the building, moving slowly and checking your corners.... pretty much any solution would involve slowing down or stopping. Seems silly to punish players for handling that situation correctly.

If your reading this Vahn..... Exactly this^^^^^^

Ghost, in its current state, is not performing like the perk should. The flanking ability of Ghost is completely hindered once you ADS, reload (nobody in their right mind reloads in the open), trying to cap a flag, etc....

I am all for making the game better but....... chasing down red dots is not a skill. Its simply an observation.

For the record. In trying to stop camping (ghost change) you have multiplied the amount of people, just sitting there, waiting for red dots, to insane levels. Insane levels.

Level 28

in reply to ghorman

carry a launcher and a black hat be useful to your team

Level 18

in reply to parnezzi

So instead of using the perk we should just use a launcher?  That doesn't make a lot of sense and besides a launcher for a backup on a sniper is not good either. If you solution is to use a launcher or black hat the. Remove the perk all together.

Level 17

in reply to ghorman

its because the people that hate on Ghost want you to play their way they want to force you to carry a rocket launcher and play how they play no matter what... but if it was reversed and we were saying lets get rid of the UAV they would be front and center crying because guess what... they can't chase those red dots.

Level 6

Studios