Hit detection and knifing issues.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Hit detection and knifing issues.

Hello everybody.

Just a question for you guys.

I know the hit detection is pretty bad in black ops 2 since day 1.

But nowadays I even get problems with OHK weapons and the ballistic knives.

Shooting people with the executioner from one meter distance and having to shoot someone that is standing still with my dsr 3 times before it connects.

Even the ballistic knives shoots through people instead of killing them (people that are standing still)

Today I've had this happen every 2 out of 10 kills at least.

Someone is sniping and I shoot them with the DSR 2 times and the third time I got a hit marker while he took his time just lining up the shot and killing me.

The killcam even showed my bullets going straight through him and not even being hit.

Is it getting worse? or is it just me?

I still enjoy the game but the hit detection seems to be getting worse.

What are your thoughts on this?

Level 14
10 REPLIES

Re: Hit detection and knifing issues.

in reply to dweez1988

it seems to have gotten a lot worse last night.

Level 12

in reply to LargeLentils

It was fine for me this morning, head shots all round!

Level 4

in reply to dweez1988

yeah agreed its horrible lol i had a head shot with a dsr and he lived....shot him again in the chest...he lived...i died

i still enjoy the game but i agree hit det. is horrible seems like its getting worse cant get head shots for sh8 now..used to get em all the time ..blahhh

Level 1

in reply to dweez1988

When I played last night it was awful. It took 2-3 bullets until they started to register. And then you have the people that seem to put one bullet in you with the PDW and you die. I don't really get it.

Level 2

in reply to HighMJW13

AGREED i get killed in one hit with subs and ar's (not fal or smr) its crazy ohhh and dont forget the invisible people man ...u running threw the map u all of a sudden die when no one is thier u watch the kill cam and he is right in ur face..seen a youtube vid about it....freaking BS i really hope they fix this..i have fast internet also so its not me FIBER OPTICS woot...still dont help lag in this freakin game omg

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to dweez1988

The part that bothers me most is the ballistic knife hardly working. When I shoot someone who is sitting still sniping out of the window and I'm only standing a few feet from him I expect a OHK. Instead the knife just goes right through him and I get nothing.

Did get them gold today thanks to sticks and stones but the problem accured here as well. A guy runs straight towards me and me knife just fly's straight through him Smiley Frustrated

At least I got it gold

Level 14

in reply to dweez1988

Not to sound pessimistic but the hit detection has been a major issue for me since Black Ops II released. As for the ghost bullets I don't even know if Treyarch is aware of that issue, I come across it once in a while but I let it go assuming it's either lag or hit detection at its finest. I'm hoping this coming patch will take care of a lot of these issues.

Level 2

in reply to AssassinVirus

You don't sound pessimistic.

I always had these kind of problems with most weapons but the OHK weapons like snipers, shotguns, ballistic knife and combat axe never really suffered from it as far as I could tell. It feels like playing hardcore in core using weapons like these. But lately they don't seem to be doing the job anymore

Like you mentioned. Let's hope the upcming patch makes everything work a bit more smoother again.

Level 14

in reply to dweez1988

I didn't even read your thread.. Just wanted to say. The knifing really, really, really sucks in this game.

Level 5

Studios