Hijack, what a difference a Game mode makes.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Hijack, what a difference a Game mode makes.

Now I'm a mostly a Domination player, I find Hijack quite a fun, fast map, but on TDM its bloody awful. I discovered this last night doing the CLAN challenge, the only way this map plays in TDM is to camp in either the stern/bow third of the boat. So when enemy push onto your spawn, you just pick them off, if enemy do kill a team mate, he will spawn behind them and then mop them up, rinse and repeat. Really bloody awful, this map should be removed from TDM, at least Nuketown you had a general inclining and time to respond to spawn switch.

Level 6
8 REPLIES

Re: Hijack, what a difference a Game mode makes.

in reply to Glynzx6r1

And you like to play domination on hijacked ? Its the biggest spawn trap mode on that map with demolution and ctf.

Level 1

in reply to Glynzx6r1

Try playing it in Demolition.  I've ran into the same tryhard sniping spawn trappers a couple times.  Fortunately for me they are awful at it and I score huge XP not only for the kills but for winning because they tend to ignore the bombsites.

Level 13

in reply to avngr9

Those spawn trapping snipers who try to snipe STBD side down to C, RPG fun times for me.

Level 6

in reply to Glynzx6r1

Its hard on any of the maps if the enemy just camps thier own spawn.  On Hijacked I would suggest using the underdeck route.  It often isn't covered all that well.  But the trick in these situations is to either bum rush them with a good team from multiple directions at once and force a spawn flip or to run some lower level killstreaks like the hellstorm and just pick off players until you get it.  Once you have it you can wipe out the better part of the enemy team in one sweep.

Level 69

in reply to Glynzx6r1

I've been complaining pretty bad about the spawn trapping. I realized most of this frustration has come from playing Demolition. Highjacked sucks and I understand it is modeled after Nuketown. But Carrier which is much bigger, has a very serious problem with spawn trapping in Demolition. And its getting well known and abused horribly.

Level 23
Highlighted

in reply to Glynzx6r1

I don't have too many problems on Hijacked, the worst map for Dom spawn trapping I've come across is Turbine. If your team only has C you can almost guarantee snipers will be sitting around the bridge aiming at you spawn. Die, spawn, repeat.

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I have left more lobbies lately because of Turbine getting the most votes for Domination.  I don't like snipers (the original campers) in this game anyway, but that map on that mode is just silly!

Level 3

in reply to Glynzx6r1

Hijacked is one of those maps that I can take in small amounts only.  Its fun if you are winning, but its frustrating if you are trying to capture opposing flags...  spawns come from all around you!

Level 3

Studios