Has anyone else quit playing until they fix the lag?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Has anyone else quit playing until they fix the lag?

Me my brothers and friends have played cod since god knows when, and have always played the games for the years that they were out.  MW3 was the first call of duty title where we stopped playing for a bit after the start because the lag compensation was so bad, but after about 6 months or so we all went back and it was alot of fun again, and we played until the end.

I have friends including me that cannot even play blops2 because the lag compensation is so unfair, MW3 was borderline unfair but blops2 is beyond reproach.  We all own Call of duty 4 mw1, because I said there is no lag comp in that game, so we tried it and it was an amazing experience.  Even on a 3 bar you don't get robbed for kills.  Call of duty 4 is the best example of how connections should be for games, and the game is incredible also.

We just quit playing blops2 and even if they fix lag compensation completely I feel as though the damage has already been done and my friends and I just want to play something different.

Call of duty games are great, the only thing that will kill a call of duty franchise is the developers that continue to not listen to the community.

Has anyone else quit blops2 for similar reasons?

Level 9
50 REPLIES

Re: Has anyone else quit playing until they fix the lag?

in reply to MLGTWISTED

No

Level 29

in reply to gdexter

lag has been acting up for me since last week and ima take a break from the game... yesterday it was ridiculous with the lag... everytime i had seem an enemy or if an enemy is near by, the game lags and then i get killed because i cant control the game when it does... i was like wtf??? i thought that was odd... and since then im on break.

Level 1

in reply to MLGTWISTED

the devs don't listen to the community?  you mean the fact that ghost is such a shitty perk now shows that they don't listen to the community (the vocal miniority)  The fact that we've gotten a ton of small maps... not listening to the community, right?

Level 20

in reply to MLGTWISTED

I haven't quit, I just play less than I used to

Level 9

in reply to MLGTWISTED

I did quit blops2 2 times already and went back to it after 1 and 2 weeks. I've accepted that this game will stay this way and i doubt they will fix it in the future. I've accpeted that i run into invisible walls, die with 1 bullet, my first 3-5 bullets do nothing (not even hitmarkers i get).

I have little to no hope that the lag will be fixed.

I don't take this game seriously, i run around with rocket launcher and other akward weapons and try to have a fun time till i hit 10th prestige, then i will stop playing it.

I won't buy the next CoD on launch day, i wait 2 weeks or so and see how the lag comp is, if its like mw3 or bo2 then i won't buy it, if its like cod4 or mw2 i buy it.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

I agree. Fun can only be had on BO2 once one sheds competitiveness. If you take this game seriously or want to win / get a high K/D then welcome the rage.

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to MLGTWISTED

It seems to vary from game to game, one game I'll finish with a K/D of 3+, all my bullets register and enemies die when I shoot them, next game I'm unloading full clips and getting nothing and I can only get kills from behind, if I'm lucky.

In situations like the latter, it always seems to be a whole team at a distinct disadvantage, not just one player.

Today has been noticeably bad actually, my last 5 gams by K/D are: 1.50, 2.00, 0.70, 3.80, 1.00. Some of those games my bullets just didn't seem to be working, killcams showing my standing there with my thumb up my arse not firing etc.

Level 16

in reply to MLGTWISTED

No, I'm not a wuss.

Level 5

in reply to MLGTWISTED

apart from the  odd bad game due to bad host, dodgy connection due to being in a low pop playlist is not enough for me to quit playing, the majority of games are fine

Level 75

Studios