Hardscoping?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Hardscoping?

in reply to mmmCupcakesmmm

I had friends that were really good at the game.  They would snipe with the M40A3 or whatever and tear up lobbies, just running around with it.  I wasn't that good at COD back then, but all I did was hardscope, lol.  I thought it was just amazing how accurate they were sometimes.

Level 16

in reply to A_Cornered_Cat

Hardscoping = exactly what a sniper is designed for.

Level 8

in reply to Arti4

A sniper in a video game is just a 1HK precision weapon.  If you are accurate and precise the weapon can be used how ever you want.  Hardscoping/quickscoping if you are good enough both are effective ways to use the sniper. 

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

Just as a pistol should have accuracy and damage penalties for long distance, a sniper should have the same for short distance.

Remember, a shotgun (short range OHK) will not even get a hitmarker at long range. For balance, it should be made extremely difficult for a sniper (long range OHK) to kill someone within 10m.

It should be skilfill for a sniper to kill an SMG at close range. In this game it is not.

Quickscoping is ridiculous and unfair. But yes, it is an effective way to play in this particular game.

Level 8

in reply to Arti4

I don't see snipers continuously betting SMGs upclose.  The day that a team of DSR-50s beats a team of Scorpions in any objective based gamemode, even KC, then I will consider them unfair.  The chances of that happening are very slim.

Level 16
Highlighted

School holidays =/

Avoid Moshpit, Dom, and Demo.

Better still play Hardcore, you can Snipe properly til your heart's content over there without an 8 year old squeeling at you.

Level 15

QSing's been around since CoD4 at least, and given 3arc's capitulation over BlOps1 around the issue it won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Best defence against QSers in CoD4 was to fry their ass with the tube. Best defence agaisnt them in BlOps2 is just to hip fire the fcukers. QSing still isn't as fast as me shooting from the hip, particularly with something like the Skorpion.

Level 4

in reply to Bester19761

Bester1976 wrote:

Best defence against QSers in CoD4 was to fry their ass with the tube.

Or keep your distance and use LMGs like I did.  Ended up using two in an Overkill class.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Yeah, that's true - RPD + RD = hard time for QSers.

RPG used to work well as well. Given that you have to aim that you'd end up dying, but then take them out as well. Shame.

You could also use juggernog so that if was anywhere other than the head they were screwed as they weren't getting a second shot away before you riddled them with lead.

Finally, martydom - yeah, you got me, here's a surprise.

Level 4

in reply to Bester19761

MW2's RPD was a beast.  I am really hoping that COD2013 has it. 

Level 16

Studios