Hardcore

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Hardcore

in reply to Treloise1

i love hardcore but onething, i hate the most is in this gamemode. camping is 2x worse then core.

Level 1

in reply to Treloise1

Hardcore has its place but people thinking its better than core have a different opinion to me.

For me hardcore should be renamed bootcamp on this game as its a place to do certain gun challenges and thats it.

The amount of hate messages I've had from people because I'm using pistols while they are running round with PDW's has made me laugh. Again with this game its the players and not the game type but I cannot understand how people think its so much more difficult.

You have players that cant aim and shoot you because they are poor players, players that do it for fun, players that run in front of your bullets. Players that destroy your equipment.

Actually thats my biggest annoyance with hardcore a team mate can destroy your senrty gun/ guardian. but you cant destroy his tac insert when he's sat there boosting with his mate

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to Quasifrodo1

So because some core players find it easier to do pistol / Dargunov challanges in HC it should just be a playground for you to do challanges?

You can take that selfish point of view an shove it.

Level 16

in reply to Quasifrodo1

Oh my gosh you exposed us! You're right, HC players can't shoot straight and we just can't play core cause there are too many good players like you. I sure hope you are on my team if we ever play in the same match! What's your YouTube channel? I want to subscribe and hit like.

Level 27

in reply to Quasifrodo1

Quasifrodo1 wrote:

Hardcore has its place but people thinking its better than core have a different opinion to me.

For me hardcore should be renamed bootcamp on this game as its a place to do certain gun challenges and thats it.

Some people prefer hc to core and vice versa neither opinion is right its down to personal taste which style of play they prefer doesnt mean one is easier than the other it means people prefer ertian aspects of that variant is all.

the flipside your point about people using hc to do certian challenges is true, i am a hc player but have done all but the svu challenges for snipers in core as i found it easier.. the svu im doing in hc as its a ohk there .

Level 75

in reply to Treloise1

Quasi,

What you are talking about are the trolls that are in every game mode. The problem is that you notice them more in HC because in HC they can directly harm you.

And there are the people that have never played HC before and think you can come to it with the same strategies and tactics that you use in Core. You can take HC strategy to Core, but you cannot bring Core strategy to HC.

Overall, though, I think you get a more mature player in HC. As I saw in another thread via Trailblazer, one big difference is that you can't shoot first and ask questions later. You have to ask yourself whether or not you should shoot before you actually pull the trigger. If you don't, the consequences are not good. I hate the idiots that don't pay attention to whether or not a teammate is firing his gun or is ADS ... but that falls back on me at the end of the day. I may have to duck out into cover for a couple of seconds while my teammates pass - giving the opponent a chance to get away - before I pull the trigger. That's just the way the game plays.

Sometimes you may shoot your teammate because you're already firing and he runs through your line of fire ... but do you regret that or just accept it as "shut happens."

And, frankly, sometimes I don't care if a teammate is in the way. If there are three foes I can take down easily and my teammate is running through the line of fire, well then my teammate should have been paying closer attention.

Anyway, the reason I think there is less lag in HC is because of the more mature players. More mature players are far more likely to have their connection settings done properly/correctly.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Hardcore is a good playlist and they must add more game modes, such as domination, etc.

Though, I can't play hardcore. When I play, too many spamming snipers, s12 and m1216s. There is a lot of campers in the lobbies I get put in. It doesn't seem enough action-packed as core for me. I like core because it's fun, fast action packed and you can play ground war. I do believe there is a serious lag problem, everyone should know that.

Level 6

in reply to Treloise1

I did the same thing dude, started playing HC after getting frustrated with Core a couple of weeks back and have enjoyed it much better, nice to know that when you shoot someone they generally go down without putting a full clip in them, tried a game of Core again the other night and hated it, it's just a shame atm there's not all the modes for HC that there are for Core and my apologies to those i might have inadvertantly killed getting used to it.

Level 4

in reply to Treloise1

i play both core and hardcore and find both equally enjoyable and frustrating at times

Level 25

in reply to Treloise1

I think hardcore functions better than core in this game, personally. That just my own view on the subject, plus to me its also more fun.

Not to jump on the spam wagon, but i do wish they would add more game modes to hardcore already. Not a S&N player and TDM is too slow paced for me, which leaves me with KC and CTF. Those two aren't bad, but the respawn time sometimes gets to me on CTF especially when an enemy(s) end up in your spawn.

Level 9

Studios