Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Hardcore gamemodes ( TREYARCH PLZ READ)

in reply to cookiedood

any more "facts" you want to pull out of your ass?

The reason hardcore dom was played more than the others was that CTF and HQ are terrible on IW games.

Its terrible, just idiots spamming explosives at the flags...... Great fun............

Most hardcore players hate riccochet.

I play both core and hardcore equally (nearly all of my friends only play hardcore), and tbh most hardcore players cant aim and bitch more about cheaters as no one could ever be better than them

Level 19

in reply to Tick7

Tick7 wrote:

They give hardcore players game types that work well in Hardcore.

Some game types just don't work that well, period.

For example - Treyarch gave us hardcore dom. Did it work? Absolutely not. The mode was a joke.

Also - hardcore is a small percentage of players compared to the larger population of CoD players. As a result, they are allocated a specific server space for hardcore game modes. That means you are restricted to the number of playlists that you see in hardcore - recall Black Ops adding new game modes, but having to do a HC Bombs and HC Flags playlist.

Why waste resources on a small percentage of players, when there are so many more players playing in so many other different playlists?

If more people played hardcore, then they would get more server / resource allocation.

Demolition didn't work well in HC... Dom works great...

... but, yeah...

... why focus on 20% of the community when we can make the QS kiddies happy.

Just, hush.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to K4RMMA

As has been noted by Tick HC is a smaller playerbase but as noted by Mac dont count out the other lists. 3arc holds back some playlists slots for each mode until they figure out what the community wants the most. They generally start with the basic lists that get the most players in core and then build from there if needed.

With the fact that bo2 is meant to be less campy, they probably do not want to add to hc all the playlists that usually generate the most campy game play of the game right away to get players used t moving about, in hc with no hud or radar untila a uav is up it is even easier to camp then in core now.

And this game is meant to be more about action and e-sports and run-n-gunning/rushing. So anything that probably could be considered too campy they may be wary abour adding right away.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Hardcore I'll have to camp a bit more

I'm a bit trigger happy and with no ricochet my team mates will soon get fed up with me accidentally ending their score streaks

Level 14

well if they want to make hardcore less camping. one they made the game less campy by adjusting ghost. and yeah it's possible people may still camp but what i think everyone can agree on is have the gametypes that prevent camping. so objective gametypes like domination headquarters kill confirmed ctf. just have people play objective game because people want to get their scorestreaks and you get more score for objectives.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to K4RMMA

here is something else that is dumb, How are you going to bring back KC but not put it in HC? I play Dom mostly but like objective game modes based on the fact that it requires movement. Looks like Ill be holding onto MW3 until HC gets some love

Level 4

in reply to K4RMMA

I'm really hoping that there will not just be 4 hardcore game types.  If there is, I'm hoping they expand to include more game types. 

As an exclusive Hardcore player, it is not all campers.  If you think that, you 1) Haven't played HC for more than 10 minutes, or 2) Think it's all campers cause you cant take the fact that you were just killed by a person in a corner.  It takes skill to be able to navigate a map and stay alive in HC.

As for the limited space thing... This is a brand new game.  There's no reason they couldn't allot more space for playlists - I don't buy it. 

Level 6

in reply to Jinx484

They cannot just make new space available when ever they want, it is not a simple as flipping a switch and more playlists slots are now available. So no they cannot just add more slots willy nilly when ever the gamers think they should just to add more playlists or game modes. It takes time to code in the slots/playlists and then adjust the servers and all that fun jazz.

HC is not all campers no, but in a very large number of games you will incounter teams that do nothing but camp and play defensively. I know because I play with a team that in BO could lock down noobtown on one side and never loose control of it because we camped liked champs. So yes there is a lot of camping in noobcore errr hardcore.

It takes more skill surving in core where everyone knows where you are 90% of the time, hiding in a corner is not skillful at all. So to say it takes skill to learn how to move around the maps in hc is just silly.

Level 70

Allow me to reiterate... It is a brand new game... as in, they have had two years to prepare it.  And by prepare it, I mean, modify Black Ops 1.  If you really buy into the idea that they cannot allocate space for more game modes, I feel for you.  There was more than enough time to plan for it.

You can hold a side of a map on core also.  It's also possible to dislodge a team from a side of the map.  I know because I play solo and can accomplish such a task - with skill.  You more than likely,  in a vast majority of those games, didn't have anyone good on the other team.  And, what? it takes more skill to stay alive when you can get shot 5 more times and still live?  We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one because I just dont understand the ppl who think that.

The bottom line is - Treyarch - you have known about the issue from the last BO and have seen how the HC community and supporters of it do not like to be shortchanged.  Just here to remind you to do the right thing and listen to feedback. 

Level 6

in reply to K4RMMA

exactly like that's what i don't understand like my buddy who got it early says their is only 4 gamemodes in hardcore yes it's possible but with how close it is to offical release date. although my buddy did say that their are updates every couple hours so it is possible that because they know that people have the game already they will put all content in. but with hardcore i think that it should be a gamemode that is look at more and their is some effort put into it. like add more gametypes that force players to move (objective gametypes) like kill confirmed nobody can sit in a corner and win the game headquarters the hq is always moving so you as a player have to move and have to adapt. yeah going from core to hardcore is way different but i think that's where the more skilled players come in because you die faster so yeah you have to play smarter which doesn't always mean you have to camp. camping is completely limited.and my buddy has shown me some video of what on the game. one ghost isnn't unlocked until level 55 so when you first get it you will not be able to be not seen on the radar. all im trying to get is more variety for people if they gave more gametypes to people in hardcore it's possible more people will come over to hardcore. HC dom was a hit. know put other gametypes in and you could have some serious challenges. for me core just seems really unrealistic hardcore changes that. because im sure the reason well all play hardcore is because it's 1 fun and 2 it presents a challenge and 3 it's more realistic to actual life. in a none weird way we all want the game to be as real as possible yeah add bull perks like second change or last stand or the death streaks in mw3 didn't make the game fun but now treyarch is changing that why not give people more gamemodes in hc in the end it could be a really good thing and surprise a lot of people.

Level 1

Studios