Hardcore Gameplay Experience Vs Core Gameplay Experience

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Re: Hardcore Gameplay Experience Vs Core Gameplay Experience

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

The answer is out there, mate. You're just 10 Core TDMs away from finding it.

Please let us know the result of your quest.

Level 35

Speaking from what misguided experience it's better to start before rather than after, have fun .

Level 16

I think the problems are the same, just more evident in core.

1) Do you play Core or Hardcore?

HC.  I enjoy Domination and some of the other Core gamemodes, but I end up raging.

2) What has your Gameplay experience (connection only mind you, not asking about OP guns, etc) been like?

Seems like I am either in godmode, or peon mode.  Most of the time there is no middle ground .     I can go 45-10 in one match,  play the same people after a host migration and barely go positive.  Sometimes its the other way around where I join a match and I'm getting pooped on, and then after a host migration I am the one doing the pooping.

3) Have you played both and noticed a difference connection wise?

I have played both and get 4 bar lobbies 99% of the time.  I dont see any difference connection wise, but with less bullets required to kill in HC, I dont get the unloading a clip into someone thing.  

Instadeath seems to be about the same in both, but more noticable in HC because  by the time you see the enemy he has already rounded a corner and hit you with 3 or 4 rounds.  There is not reaction time, it's as if the player has a wave of death preceding him so that when you see him, you are already dying or dead.   I am on both sides of this phenomenon, god or peon.

In core you are just mostly dead and flinching.

Level 17

if i may i think we need more hc game options thank u just saying

Level 1

nicedrewish,

Since you are a HC player, I may already know the answer to this question. Nonetheless, I have stumbled upon something and have sent maccabi a private message wanting to know his opinion.

Do you play with Target Assist enabled or disabled? And what sensitivity setting do you use?

It's been switching back and forth between Core and HC, spamming explosives, and finally tinkering with the sensitivity settings that leave me asking that question.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

I don't mess with my settings too much. Auto assist is on and mostly interferes with my aim.

My sensitivity is not very high either, maybe a 6? Will have to double check.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Well, tinkering around with the sensitivity settings, this is what I've seen ...

If I have target assist enabled, then I can run a higher sensitivity setting.

If I have targest assist disabled, then I have to lower the sensitivity.

Doing either one of the above increased my accuracy and as a result, I have seen a measurable difference in improved performance.

But the big thing is that I don't notice the WTF moments as much. The lag is still there, don't get me wrong. But it feels more like a "normal" COD game. Now that my shots really are on target, I think I spend less time noticing the lag. Plus, if you think about it, the bullets that magically pass through targets are on target only on your console, not necessarily on the host console. The actual hit box may not be where the opponent's character model appears on the screen, thus you think you're on target, but you're not.

All of that could be the result of the new way the sensitivity setting works. I don't know if they really made it more sensitive or if they've simply divided the normal range into more different settings.

All I know is that my problems became progressively worse since I disabled Aim Assist. With it on, I'm seeing a rapid turn around in accuracy, KDR, and WLR.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

1: I prefer Core as i enjoy the frenzied pace, but I can play HC just as well.

2: laggy at times same as in past cods.

3: yes i have played both, no i havent.

Level 45

1. I switched to hardcore as i was tired of putting entire clips into people to watch them hit me with one shot and kill me.  It also neutralizes OP weapons because more or less everything dies when you shoot it. 

2.  Some lag but overall not bad.

3.  I don't think there is a difference.  I think where some people might think core is laggier is because in HC only a shot or two will down someone where several rounds may be required in core.  The need to hit someone multiple times in core may be mistaken as lag. 

Level 3

in reply to anuebis216

So true, that's the beauty of HC!

Level 27

Studios