Hardcore Discrimination

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Hardcore Discrimination

in reply to gvfd7322

gvfd732 wrote:

why is it that in every installment of COD the developers decide to make everything CORE? I know I am going to hear from the peanut gallery that not enough people play hardcore and hardcore is lame. Well I particular do no give a crap what you think this message is for the developers. So blast away!! All many of us HC players ask is a fair shake with the content. i.e. Nuketown, FFA, Domination, Ground War are only CORE. WTH at least they can give us a chance to prove ourselves.

They havent listened to you guys posting for YEARS. so why would they listen now ?

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

The Modern Warfare developers listend and had more HC modes, despite the fact that they couldn't make a decent map. It makes me wish I would have been loyal to their products. And if you're not joining those that are trying to show the HC community is in dire need of more modes, why bother posting here? We're tried of arguing with your "expert" opinions and are really just trying to get more HC people to post to show we aren't a tiny minority.

Level 1

in reply to spacemanjones

We are definitely NOT a tiny majority.  In fact, all my friends (real life) who own this game play HC only.  The only person I know personally that plays core is my buddy's 13 year old son.

I would love some HC Domination.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to WindopanevM

WindopanevM wrote:

We are definitely NOT a tiny majority.  In fact, all my friends (real life) who own this game play HC only.  The only person I know personally that plays core is my buddy's 13 year old son.

I would love some HC Domination.

Thats funny all my friends all play core. Look at how many people are in the core playlist and then look at the HC playlist.....Huge difference. Just because you and your friends only play HC doesn't make you a majority lol.

Level 8

in reply to spacemanjones

spacemanjones wrote:

The Modern Warfare developers listend and had more HC modes, despite the fact that they couldn't make a decent map. It makes me wish I would have been loyal to their products. And if you're not joining those that are trying to show the HC community is in dire need of more modes, why bother posting here? We're tried of arguing with your "expert" opinions and are really just trying to get more HC people to post to show we aren't a tiny minority.

Ummm, I play hardcore too. But you gotta realize at one point the horse is dead.

Level 72

in reply to gvfd7322

gvfd732 wrote:

...that not enough people play hardcore and hardcore is lame...

For a brief moment there I thought You were talking about League Play... Hopefully in the future, they remove that crap and revamp Hardcore.

Level 5

in reply to gvfd7322

Agreed! Harcore is so much more realistic, and challenging, and FUN, than stupid core mode. And why, as someone else mentioned, WHY ARE THERE NO HARDCORE CLAN OPS???? I started a clan, thinking that a few of my friends could join in and we could run aroud and enjoy ourselves while helping each other level up and prestige, so on and so forth...then ater I create a clan and go to look at the challenges, EVERY SINGLE F#%$ING ONE WAS CORE! I looked at upcoming challenges..."Core Team Deathmatch. Core Kill Confirmed. Core >insert mode that hardcore is deprived of here like Demolition (I think that's what it's called. i never play it BECAUSE IT'S ONLY CORE)." I looked at the expired (ended) challenges. "Core. Core. CORE." Even if they never add more hardcore modes (though I hope they do), then at the very LEAST, give us Hardcore Clans a chance to do something we actually enjoy! Now I have to face the very real possibility that my new clan will never level up because I never play core and neither do most of my friends/potential clan recruits. SUCH A WASTE! COD, Treyarch, Activision, whoever has control over that-hell, I don't care if it's the Khan of freaking Mongolia-SOMEBODY needs to give us Hardcore Clan options! And if they don't, then this game is far more pathetic than I imagined it could be. SO. LAME.

And yes, I do want the other modes in Hardcore. I don't know if I'd like them, or hate them, or ever even bother playing them, but the option to have the same experience as core players should only be the FAIR and RIGHT thing to do. We paid just as much for the game as they did, and those of us who bought the dlc didn't spend a penny less than core gamers. So why should we get less?

You know, I bet they're just waiting until at least 50,000 people admit openly somewhere that they'd be willing to pay for more hardcore so that they can charge for a "NEW DLC" that cost extra just to unlock hardcore for all modes. As Mr. Software Developer pointed out, there's really not much of a programming difference between the modes. Essentially you change the simplest of dynamics in the code script that loads at the start of the game. Like....Map on/off. Friendly damage "x"%. Enemy damage "x"%. Health "x"%. Ammuntion for <name of gun> at start = -insert # of default rounds- ....

Think about it. None of the maps, classes, perks, rules of conduct, objectives/goals, graphics, or sounds change at all. The only real differences are with the character, because he switches from his core to his hardcore mode and still all the weapons in the roster are the same. If they can make those four modes Hardcore AND Core, then it would only be a simple handful of source-code lines granting the same option of the other modes.

Unfortunately, Mr. 'Capitalist Viewpoint' is probably correct, to some degree. I think they'll listen to us....when it lines their pockets. And it hasn't been worth their while yet, because core players are still buying it and making them money.

Level 1

in reply to gvfd7322

Well sadly.. David Vonderhaar had said is some interview a number of months back that hardcore was considered a game "mode" meant for fun, like sticks and stones or gun game. His comparison not mine.. basically he said it wasn't meant to be taken seriously because there is a whole new level of balance that would need to be considered.

I understand why he would consider it that way, since you start with only 30th health... but if you balanced it.. Then the whole 30 health thing wouldn't be valid. I mean if you make guns weaker and everything to balance to the 30 health you are basically back to playing core.

but.. needless to say. Just letting you know Vonderhaar doesn't consider Hardcore a real game mode. Thinks it's a joke.

Level 5

in reply to gvfd7322

Because you guys are a minority.

Level 8

in reply to Sora_v21

Minority? More like the OG cod vets kid. Most vets only play HC cause we know how lame core plays. Sure some old schoolers like core but not any I know. Why do all the core kids cry about this game? HC plays like butter and core is inconsistent.

Level 27

Studios