Hardcore Capture The Flag nerfed

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Hardcore Capture The Flag nerfed

in reply to trialstardragon

not surprising you posted this.

I have over 1500 games played in CTF. I have never been spawn trapped to the extent people exaggerate on forums. People make it out to be that the moment someone grabs a flag, you get camped until the end of the game. This is not the case, never has been, and I doubt it ever will be.

Obviously camping the spawn is part of CTF, and its part of ANY respawn based gametype. Demolition, CTF, DOM all suffer fromt his, and they always will. What makes CTF harder is the respawn timer. This works for for and against the gametype. It works for it because if you are getting camped, when you kill 3 of them, you can usually break it. What works against, is when 3-4 of you go down, the entire team has time to run to where you spawn.

People who play CTF usually play for the teamwork and communication. I play quite often alone and almost every game I play, people are talking and communicating to win.

I just reached my 100th game of DOM over the weekend, again, because I'm trying it out. I have played solo about 50% of my games, and in 0 of these, did I ever hear, "they are grabbing A, help defend, we are down 15, lets grab B and win"

The only things I have heard are, "lets grab two so we can spawn trap" "I can't wait for loadstar so they will quit out."

if you like huge kill counts, high scorestreaks and tons of action, DOM is for you.

If you like long games, battles, communication and teamwork, CTF is for you.

Level 18

in reply to xmrythem

Me spawn killing in CTF.

Level 47

in reply to xmrythem

I'm with you xmrythem - I pretty much played HC CTF ONLY.  I enjoyed the teamwork required to 'win' as a team.  Sure not every game had good team mates but well so what.  I enjoyed the game.  More than the 'arcade' style games that we are left with.  that is why most of us went to the HC style anyways - we wanted something more than just an arcade game.

I see that they 'replaced' it maybe because the party line is they only had so many slots available but the problem I have with the replacement is simple.  They have HC Deathmatch and HC Kill Confirmed - to me these games are identical.  People running around from ALL angles shooting.  That is why I enjoyed CTF.  You had 'sides' of the game you had an idea of where the enemy might be and you had a sense of where your teammates might be as well.  NOW it's just everyone running from every direction and that is what I do not like.

I guess I will have to go back to battlefield to experience my 'lines' of seperation again. 

Level 1

in reply to bluemonstr

I've always been a bit confused on why they keept TDM & KC in the game. They are pretty much the exact same thing, but one forces you to move and collect your kill, the other requires you just to achieve your kill.

I don't care what they do, I would just LOVE CTF back. I have since moved to core CTF and it's fine. Core has never bothered me and I have switched just fine. If you're up for some coreCTF let me know i'll pm you my GT.

Level 18

in reply to xmrythem

I had to post the post that would come after you posted that sort of post.

Level 70

in reply to Negligence5578

care factor 0.....to all the idiots that keep saying play a different gamemode, have you once thought that i have played other game modes and haven't liked them at all...which is why i only play HC CTF?? i tried going again and playing other gamemodes, but they don't suit my play style at all and i don't enjoy them at all.

I'm good at HC CTF, i have a good SPM (not from spawn camping) but from actually playing the game mode...same as i did in the first black ops HC CTF until they removed it. I stopped playing it too because of that...by the time they brought it back MW3 came out so there was no point going back to play it. They are just repeating their same mistakes over and over.

Lastly WHY REMOVE IT IF PEOPLE STILL PLAY IT? fair enough if nobody was playing it, but everyday there were plenty of different lobbies i could join... so why remove it? i have yet to have a good reason apart from it was the least played...SND was the least played but because its a company fav they keep it...that doesn't make a lick of sense. Thought the game was about the community..not the companies preference. We would play the game a lot more than they do, they only develop it.

Level 7

in reply to ifrerkinbr4di

ifrerkinbr4di wrote:

to all the idiots that keep saying play a different gamemode, have you once thought that i have played other game modes and haven't liked them at all...which is why i only play HC CTF??

That right there is your problem. Treyarch doesn't gave to make/keep a game mode for you just because you don't like anything else.

Lastly WHY REMOVE IT IF PEOPLE STILL PLAY IT? fair enough if nobody was playing it

There wasn't many people playing it. Around 2,000-3,000.

Level 43

You were good at HCCTF, now you can either play Core CTF or just quit, doesn't matter to Treyarch either way.

Level 25

Treyarch doesn't know how to run the hardcore product in cod. It's a shame they took away 2 games and while they were replaced with fun games it doesn't make up for the lack of planning. To all the punks hating on those who are disillusioned because they lost their favorite game I say shame on you all! You're a bunch of hypocrites and you should focus on other things and leave the hc ctf guys alone.

Level 27

in reply to Negligence5578

Also note that i was basically forced to play CORE CTF it MW3 which wasn't bad because you could actually kill people in core because it seemed as if stopping power was on all weapons, making the damage actually helpful when dealing with multiple enemies. Core on black ops basically is a death sentence if you're against 3 opponents at once as you don't deal enought damage to be able to kill all 3.

Level 7

Studios