HOW do you get so good at AIMING?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: HOW do you get so good at AIMING?

in reply to WwwWario

With experience you learn to control the recoil a lot better, COD really is a game that seems to be whoever plays more tends to be a lot better. Also you may have input lag on your tv which can severely hinder your ability to aim. I played on a TV with 50-100ms input lag and I had terrible aim for a year then I got a monitor and suddenly my aim was dead on following people with little conscious effort.

Level 1

in reply to WwwWario

Hmm.... my best stat in MW2 (the one I'm most proud of) was the number of "misses." It was around 1.3 million.

That was my first Call of Duty game. I did a heck of a lot of spray and pray. It worked, for what it was, but it really isn't that effective.

Combat training will help. Something you might consider with your practice is using the burst fire weapons. It will force you to be more accurate with your first few bursts, without being penalized too much by your misses. Once you get familiar with these types of weapons, you could stretch your skills to using Semi-auto firearms (FAL, SMR, etc.). Your first few shots are the absolute most important. All of this will take a lot of time and practice. You may want to dip into Hardcore a bit. It is a little more forgiving since a bullet or two is enough to kill. I know that in core it will take several solid hits to get a kill.

Just ideas though. I don't know how you play, strengths, weaknesses, or anything like that. You'll have to figure out what works best for you.

Unless you love the spray and pray. I still do sometimes

Level 5

in reply to WwwWario

The more you play the better you will get at aiming...

But why aim? I seem to die all the time from people who wildly hipspray. Your best bet is to hold down the trigger and spray circles around your enemies until they die. Works really well in this game.

Level 18

in reply to WwwWario

Most people think they can aim, but COD has huge aim assist on console. If it isn't helping you, then it's screwing you over because of lag. There really isn't a way to get more accurate because the aim is so easy that all that really matters is lag. And OMG these people who think they have skill are so anoying!

Level 20
Highlighted

in reply to WwwWario

Pulling down slightly on your aiming stick will help with the flying upwards effect and also run Toughness.  Toughness doesn't change your gun recoil but it greatly reduces your flinch when getting shot.  Flinching will cost you a lot of gunfights.  My only other suggestion would be to learn your gun of choice's recoil pattern.  If it's straight up then aim for the mid to upper chest area.  Believe it or not you can get a lot of headshots doing this.  If it's up and to the right, aim mid chest and slightly left.  The trick is to factor in whatever recoil pattern the gun has and just adjust your initial position for it so that your first several shots will land on the body.  For guns with bad recoil burst fire them for those range shots.  Also, the silencer helps in that it reduces muzzle flash which makes seeing that your gun is going off course easier but for some classes it comes at the cost of needing to land one more bullet.

Level 69

in reply to WwwWario

Try using burst fire guns or single shot guns untill you get the hang of the recoil. When your ready use select fire attachment and see if that helps you ?

Level 1

in reply to WwwWario

Just turn aim assist on, sounds like you have it turned off.

I think aim assist is that powerful that

Joypad + Aim Assist > Mouse

Level 11

in reply to Scorr

Scorr wrote:

Joypad + Aim Assist > Mouse

I'm not sure about that. I see mouse players on PC hipfire from so much further away than on console and not miss a shot.

Level 20

in reply to SanAndreasPsych1

Haha, why post such a wierd statement?

Hipefire shots land pretty variably within the aiming reticule, it's the same on both systems... Just because they play on a PC doesn't mean all their shot's will go in the middle?

Very odd.

Level 11

in reply to Scorr

No, I litterally see them hipfire in the killcam from much further away and get nothing but hitmarkers. I'm not just making this up. Console players miss half their shots when they hipfire, PC players don't.

It might be lag related since PC has dedicated servers.

Level 20

Studios