Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: HC vs Core

in reply to TIDE113

I've really enjoyed HC but I found that the challenges I'm aiming for en route to PM were far more easily attainable via Core.

I've no doubt, however, that as soon as that is done I will be dropping Core and sticking with HC. I enjoy being first to react and as my aim seems to be quite good I enjoy coming away from an encounter/duel with a kill when I feel I should have.

I'm slowly moving through weapons challenges and really do enjoy the ARs as seeing as I've recently adopted a more mature strategy, the Chicom and Skorpion arent in the slightest to my liking. They don't suit my CoD philosophy anymore.

As much as I have enjoyed Core, now that ive completed challenges for most of the game modes and a few of the weapons, I really am excited about my future foray into HC, the strategy, the oppososition but most importantly the teammates. Being a solo player, I'm keen to explore HC teamwork before venturing into League Play.

Currently Prestige 7 Lvl 47 with a 1.02 k/d.

Pinja

in reply to TIDE113

I never played hardcore until about a month ago when I joined my clan. They play hardcore and straight away I preferred it. When you shoot someone they actually die! It made it easier for me to get my diamond assault rifles coz if you shoot them in the head them BAM their dead, end of! Since playing hardcore I've tried playing core (revolution) and it is seriously like shooting cotton wool! Once you've played hardcore you will find it hard to go back to core definitely. There is something that really annoys me though, so many times I've been getting a care package and one of my team mates has shot me in the back so they can steal it for themselves! This isn't just a one off either it happens all the time! It gets me SO MAD!!! Yeah sometimes you accidentally shoot your team mate if they startle you or run in front of you whilst your shooting but blatantly killing you on purpose is bang out of order. That is the only thing I dont like about hardcore...oh and sometimes I'm wary of just wanging my grenades in case they kill my teammates! But all said and done HARDCORE ALL THE WAY!

kookaii

in reply to kookaii

Solution:

Replace your granade with the black hat.  Throw your CP anywhere(even in the middle of the map).  Then you retrive it very fast from pretty much anywhere and the idiot you would have killed you runs out to get it and POP! Gets killed by the other team.  Thats how you do it my friend.  To play hardcore you must think hardcore.  Welcome to the club.  Stay thirsty....

Or:

Throw thepkg out of the map on purpose and you can still retreive it with the black hat.

mitpro

in reply to kookaii

I hear you on the grenades.  I just carry EMPs in HC.

Griefbot

in reply to TIDE113

I prefer core beause I enjoy gun battles. You dont get gun battles in hardcore because as long as your opponent can somewhat aim its all about who sees who first.

blb128

in reply to TIDE113

So im COD 1, yes the first one, I don't remember having to throw half a clip into someone. Two rounds would do the job. I think it was MW1 that started this whole 1 mag  one kill deal.

So core was designed for newer players to get used to the FPS genre. And is has snowballed from there.

JimmahD

in reply to TIDE113

Hardcore all the way. Much better playing field and more options.

blarkw

in reply to TIDE113

I play hardcore sometimes to rank up certain weapons or if I play with certain people. There is so much camping though which gets old fast. I prefer Core.

brsox

in reply to TIDE113

Hardcore > Softcore.

Softcore is what you play when you are new to CoD and require player assists.

Hardcore is what you play when you grow a pair.

ghosthound

in reply to ghosthound

Excellent response.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

Studios