HC vs Core

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: HC vs Core

in reply to TIDE113

Definitely prefer HC, though I've only gotten into it over the last few weeks.  What initially brought me over was the lack of radar -- I really hate the existence of radar in Core.  Other than that, I have to admit I'm not entirely sure what makes me prefer it over Core, but I know for certain that in HC I spend 95% less time pissing and moaning over what seems to be BS kills.  HC has its frustrations, to be sure, but they seem to get under my skin less.

I guess I also like the confidence of knowing that if I take my time and really line up my shot, I'm gonna get that kill unless the bad guy lines up his shot first.  In Core, even if I see the guy first and get off the exact shot(s) I was hoping to, there's still a solid chance that he's going to survive and we're going to end up in the classic FPS strafe dance, firing full auto until one of us lands the deciding shot.

edit: one other thing is that I feel like HC tips the balance of power away from SMGs a bit.  I prefer ARs, so anything that balances that out a bit is a positive in my mind.

Level 8

in reply to TIDE113

HC only needs 2 hits most of the time. Core? You shoot a guy 6 times, he hides behind a wall and gets his health back. HC, and Core BOTH have campers, just with HC less health makes it seem like they are camping more. In HC most people "CAMP" in all reality, they are hiding so they can reload lol. Core, people rely on the HUD, HC, def. more realistic. I used to be on core, but since I moved to HC I LOVE IT! granted, the one shot from a pistol thing kinda pisses me off. Core, watered down. BIG TIME! Get four hitmarkers on a guy and run thinking he's dead its like CRAP! I'm on core! lol

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to TIDE113

Core all the way! I tried a couple of HC TDM and it's like easy mode for me. You just need to see the enemy first and fire your weapon first. You don't even have to be accurate and you just spray and pray. It just need a bullet or two to kill and you just adjust your aim as you spray.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

easy mode? you mean like having a mini map every second of the game, having to use a suppressor or get shown on the mini map to the whole other team every time you fire a bullet? seeing someone far away firing like 5 bullets into them and they hide behind a wall then come back with full health? i think hc is much harder to be better at imo, and spray and pray when someone is like a metre or two in front of you or you will die other wise trust me iv progressed through most of the cod games on hc using all the weapon types so i should know would say spray and pray is more core were you have to pray your ammo ammount lasts for the one kill.... theres my say like it or lump it im just backing up my hc corner

Level 2

in reply to Poolo

I'm a Core player but I also do good in HC. It doesn't matter if I don't use a suppressor in Core, I want them to know where I am. I am not worried facing them face to face in a shoot out. I'm pretty good at it. I also have no problem getting 5-6 bullets in. I am accurate.

I brought everything I learned in Core and tried HC and I did good on those games. I find it easier in HC but that's just my opinion based on my experience.

Level 35

in reply to Poolo

Sometimes not using stealth improves your game and gunskill.  It did with me in MW3.  Took off Assassin, put on Quickdraw, took out Dead Silence and put on SitRep.  How I enjoyed mowing down red dot hunters, who often used Assassin themselves, with my L86 grip and thermal.  No need to start chaining streaks from Pred onwards, just start with the Reaper but only call it in when the Pave Low is earned.  Awesome sauce.

You know the UAV gets called in quite a lot in HC?

Level 31

in reply to TIDE113

I'm a Core player but HC offers a different experience.  It's pretty fun as well once you get used to how it plays.  The friendly fire penalty alone will have you building your classes quite differently and some guns that you may have stayed away from in Core are ideal for the HC mode.  It's definately a good way to freshen things up.

Level 69

in reply to TIDE113

Its not a competition. Play what makes you happy.

HC all the way myself.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to TIDE113

Both modes require skill, I talk crap about core but in reality it has it's own challenges. It comes down to preference, I prefer a more realistic experience and consistent game play. IMO HC needs to be more hardcore.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

Agreed. HC just needs more game modes. Remove the TDM series on League and add HC Dom or Moshpit.

Level 35

Studios