Getting Put In Games Already In Progress

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Getting Put In Games Already In Progress

in reply to iivrruummii

But Halo was basically just games of 4v4 slayer other then CTF and King of the Hill. COD on the other hand is almost all objective games. You need to join in progress feature because you can not win a game of Dom 3v6 or 2v6. You idea might work fine for TDM but not objective game modes.

Level 43

in reply to Rednecksniper39

I think if Treyarch/IW take this page out of Bungie's playbook and implement it very well into their matchmaking, I think it would make everyone surprised on how well it would work.  People just don't want to leave their comfort zone and cannot accept a little change.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

My comfort zone is games of 6v6. I would sooner stop play COD all together then start playing 3v6 or 2v6.

Level 43

in reply to iivrruummii

Well actually H4 has a Join in progress kinda of mechanic now. 

As for this game. They should NOT remove JiP from this game or future COD's.  People just need to learn to stay in their game regardless of outcome and leave once the game is finished and the whole lobby is brought back to the pregame lobby.  If people can do that then you don't have to worry about getting dropped into games already in progress that could also be pretty much over. 

Blame the people that care too much about their stats that they have to dashboard mid game because they are losing.  Also blame the people that lobby surf because they can't just wait out the first game they join.  The next game will be a fresh one. I promise

Level 25
Highlighted

in reply to asianman12

How about everyone's progress not count until the game finished?  COD is the only shooter that I know where you keep progress despite leaving.  Medal of Honor doesn't, Battlefield doesn't, Gears of War doesn't.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

I don't know how that would deter quitters.  If someone does bad they can just leave mid game and it would be like they never played that game. Saving their useless stats.

Level 25

in reply to asianman12

Since it's stats that are so precious to some...Maybe they should introduce a match completed stat...as say, a percentage?

At least then we have an option to click avoid on those with low percentages.

Level 18

in reply to HighlandSparky

Maybe. I don't know how/when 3ARC would ever get to that.

I think the best thing to do is just not quit mid game.  That's what starts that chain reaction of half filled game lobbies. Even people that don't care about stats shouldn't quit until the game is completed.

Level 25

in reply to Rednecksniper39

Except the timer stopping boosting thing isn't actually true.

In older versions of COD if all three flags didn't get capped by in a certain amount of time the game ends in a draw.  Basically, if any single flagged is uncapped the game ends.  Once all three flags are accounted for by any of the two teams it's not possible for the game to run on forever since one of the two will reach the score limit.

Why don't they just do this?  

By doing this one simple thing Domination is fixed.

Level 1

Studios