Footsteps Glitch

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Footsteps Glitch

in reply to Steve2589

Current bo1 sound is fine but i meant bo1 at launch which this is very similar to.

Sorry. =/

Level 3

in reply to Steve2589

Has anyone tried to hear if Dead Silence is countered? Also does anyone know what you can hear from a DS user, such as character yelling "reloading" or "throwing frag"?

Level 6

in reply to bltzazrael

Dead SIlence mutes your callouts as well as your footsteps- or at least it is supposed to, I haven't played the new one yet.

I definitely heard them say exactly that in an interview, the point being that even if awareness allows you to faintly hear the footsteps of someone using dead silence, you still won't hear them callout.

Level 15

in reply to ChronoZombie

I would much rather have awareness counter only the callouts, not footsteps. I'd rather be heard yelling every time I placed a claymore, threw a frag or reloaded then to be heard moving.

I'm hoping they can change that one day in the future. I am going to be heart broken when I can't play SnD due to people sitting with awareness.

Level 6

in reply to ChronoZombie

There is a default class that you can choose early on that comes with skorpion evo and ghost, dead silence and scavenger as perks (the best default class for beginners actually). You become absolute silent but i honestly dont remember if your callouts are muted as well. After playing too much MW3 and using sitrep all the time, i had a lot of difficulty hearing other ppl

Level 4

in reply to Steve2589

I wouldn't mind if Awareness worked similar to Sitrep Pro from MW3. If footsteps really are incredibly quiet and this is by design and not a glitch then perhaps Awareness becomes an essential perk to use

Level 16

in reply to Steve2589

You are not the only one, i post it yesterday, you don´t need dead silence on this game.  I remember the exact sound glitch was in Black Ops 1, but they did fix in the first TU.

I really hope Treyarch DO read all the feedbacks and DO something =/

Level 11

in reply to V3LKRO

See I don't remember the sound glitch in Black Ops 1, that says a lot for my memory . Yes I hope they do fix it if it really is that bad. Surely not being able to hear enemy footsteps is a mistake

Level 16

in reply to Steve2589

Standard launch sound issues.

Will likely get fixed later.

Level 18

in reply to Tick7

Update: There was an update today, (2 days ago was the first one) but they didn´t fix it yet.

Level 11

Studios