Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Flak Jacket is OP

It needs a nerf, badly.

Flak Jacket should protect you from the following:

Claymore

Grenades

Rocket Launchers

Thats it.

How does a jacket protect you if you are standing right next to a car that is blown up with c4?

How does a jacket protect you from a hellstorm thats right on top of you?

How does a jacket protect you from an rpg that hits you straight in the face? Does flak jacket come with a flak helmet too?

It should only protect from minor explosions, not massive ones like scorestreaks or blown up vehicles. Can we please be realistic for once?

Anyone else agree?

Level 3
42 REPLIES

Re: Flak Jacket is OP

in reply to TreezNSteez

Totally agree but nothing will be done!

Level 2

in reply to TreezNSteez

I have been killed by blown up cars and RPGs at my feet with flak jacket, so i think its kind of inconsistant

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to TreezNSteez

try hardcore

i get blown out of my boots by even normal grenades that aren't even that close it seems

Level 8

in reply to TreezNSteez

Flak Jacket is only OP for people with no gun skill. Just learn how to shoot your gun and you'll be fine.

Level 22

in reply to TreezNSteez

So... a perk doing what it is supposed to do makes it OP?

It costs a point to use, and you have to sacrifice something else in order to use it. So there is no issue.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

^no logic

Yes, Flack Jacket is supposed to reduced the damage from explosions, but the argument is that it seems to do its job too well, or better than intended.

Your comment suggests a trait of infalibility on Treyarch's part, as if they are above accidently making a perk unbalanced.

It costs a point to use, sure, but it's like you're really getting 2-3 points for the price of one by picking it.

Flack Jacket should protect against Claymore, Frags, and C4...but when it also protects from killstreaks like Predator Missles, Lodestars, Killer Drones, and Lightning Strikes...then one perk starts stealing thunder from other perks like Blind Eye and Cold Blooded.

I myself don't think Flack Jacket is all that special seeing as how the things it protects you from seem to be random (sometimes claymore blowing up in your face will STILL kill you, but sometimes it won't) but the fact that you can't see the point of the Original Poster's argument is not good.

Level 8

in reply to KoRny1

How is there no logic?

"Take less explosive damage."

— Create-A-Class Description.

Flak Jacket returns as a Tier 1 perk in Call of Duty: Black Ops II and can be found by using the Access Kit on certain levels in the campaign such as "Pyrrhic Victory" and "Suffer with Me". The effects of Flak Jacket are identical to its Black Ops counterpart, which makes explosives do less damage to the player. All explosives do 35% of their original damage to people with the Flak Jacket perk (20% in Hardcore)[1], though it does not help against the user's own explosives, including cars triggered to explode.

Source- http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Flak_Jacket

The point of the perk is to lessen Explosive Damage, it doesn't specify what the explosions are from. My only point was, the perk does it's job. Nowhere did I say Treyarch was infallible. YOU decided to insert that to twist my opinion.

From my experience, Flak Jacket isn't OP. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, and that is to protect the user from explosive damage. It is a counter to those who rely heavily on explosives for kills.

What people don't consider is the range and strength of the explosive. The Flak user may be far enough away from the epicenter of the blast to survive because of the protection. I know EVERYONE thinks they are 100% percent accurate... but perhaps that wasn't the case. Perhaps the projectile landed far enough away and the user didn't get the full blast of the damage. The Damage modifier of  Flak Jacket may save that user's life in that scenario. Or they may be far enough away from the explosion of a vehicle for it not to be fatal, or at the edge of a Lightning Strike where they may not take enough damage to die.

My only point was the perk does what it is supposed to. In my experience, it is a non-issue. If the explosives don't work, just beat them in a gun battle, if they took damage from the explosive, they are all that much easier to take out.  If your opponent is running this perk, avoid using explosives against them as it will not be as effective.

Just like every other perk or weapon, it has it's ups and downs and is up to the user to decide what works for them.

Don't use my reply to twist my words to further your agenda.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

It's almost like you have no reading comprehension skills.

After two posts by you, (one of them being a short essay) you have still somehow managed to completely miss the OP's point(and mine).

Some of your comments make me think you didn't even read parts of my post.

Level 8

in reply to KoRny1

What the heck are you talking about? It doesn't differentiate between lethal equipment or Scorestreaks, IT PROTECTS YOU FROM EXPLOSIONS.

I am not sure what you aren't getting here. I can read your complaints just fine, but the argument doesn't make any sense to me.

An explosion.. is an explosion... is an explosion. It gives you a 35% damage modifier. How am I missing the point of anything? I am stating facts.I haven't experienced an issue with Flak Jacket.

I don't think you are actually reading what I am saying, and you are just trying (and failing miserably) to insult me for some ungodly reason. Heck the guy below me called the OP a Mongoloid and you are on my case for stating facts. Sheesh.

Activision Ambassador

Studios