Fix The Lag Yet ? People Backing out when im smashing them ? A question for the community ? What is your opinion ?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Fix The Lag Yet ? People Backing out when im smashing them ? A question for the community ? What is your opinion ?

in reply to zingaa

I have been dealing with the problem too.  It makes the game almmost unplayable.  Really bothers me to be shooting someone and not have hit markers counting.  Or being gundown in half a second. yet when i look at the kill cam i see something very different. 

Level 2

Re: Fix The Lag Yet ? People Backing out when im smashing them ? A question for the community ? What is your opinion ?

in reply to hatecase

When you're on the bad side of lag comp you're forced to camp a choke point with a target finder and a weapon with a good distance stat. Only the people who get compensated get the luxury of a run and gun play style.

Level 11

in reply to hatecase

for me lag/lag comp rolls in cycles, recently i've been fairly balanced but last night i noted a hotfix had been done and the 80% of my matches were a total waste of my time.  whatever i did i was killed and with a free supply of defencless players the other team just spammed kill streaks. was a total joke

Level 16

in reply to hatecase

I cannot understand the need for people to "dashboard". Are stats that important to you? Are you afraid you might get kicked out of your clan if your K/D gets a little too low or you lose a few too many matches? Does it give you a sense of accomplishment to falsely believe you are SO good? Like a previous poster said - either stay in the game or simply "leave game".....when you dashboard as a host, you ruin the game for everyone else just so you can selfishly claim ridiculous winstreaks or high K/D ratios.....bogus stats do not make you a better player. You will be the first people to rage quit when you get owned in a room - and lag comp has NOTHING to do with it.

Level 8

in reply to Audiophile1

Total and utter rubbish, in all the years I have been on XBL I never dashboarded till recently <six years with this handle> the first being after the last update. If i am not host <never am> why does what I choose to do impact you.

If I or any others were host I would agree with you but as long as they arent its naff all to do with you is it?

Level 7

in reply to Audiophile1

It's funny how someone who dashboards and screws you over pisses you off and is wrong but the developers can do it and it's aiight.

Level 11

in reply to hatecase

To be honest - If I join a game I can usually tell pretty quickly how bad the connection will be as soon as I see someone walking face-first into a wall and rubber banding.

I don't mind getting owned. If there is someone with the skill to completely destroy you (and there are many) then what's the problem with them destroying you? They are few and far between. If I do get a game where a sniper is pinning the whole team down and quickscoping and I keep trying and failing to take him out, I'll congratulate their skill in the lobby after. It's the point of a social game. It opens up conversations and often it means I'l party up with a really good player and have a much better time playing Objectives. If you can't beat them join them .

I will never rage quit when loosing fairly as I'd rather get the XP. Being destroyed by people better than you is how you learn to become better.

The only time I will quit is during the following circumstances:

- I join a game and when I shoot the first enemy I see I get 8 hitboxes in a row. He then turns round thinking "oh look, somebody is shooting me" and 2-shots me with an SMG. As soon as that happens, rather than raging I will just quit back to the search and find a different lobby. It's not worth the frustration.

- I get put into a game (for example Domination), the enemy team has 100 points and the team I'm on has 5 points. In the air the enemy has a Stealth Chopper and a Swarm and there is a K9 unit too. That isn't worth it either so I back out.

I love fair fights - whether I win or not. We are all competitive though. I am competitive enough that I can't just sit in a game where everything is against me and just die over and over. It isn't worth it. It isn't fun. When a game becomes a chore it isn't worth it any more.

Level 3

in reply to hatecase

What do i mean by bad host or lag ? This is where you insert people saying wtf i shoot the guy 7 times and dont get the kill or theres no way that i aim down sights get hit markers on a guy and still lose a gun fight , or the guy doesnt even have the right perks on to run thru claymores or bettys. these are the only games i lose or  dashboard .  when i dont experience the bad host scenario  cod feels good and crisp and my guns do what they are supposed to . i feel like the lag in this cod is out rageous and im wondering when people are getting smashed and back out is this what they are experiencing the whole cant get kills in gun fights you feel you normally win scenario ? the bad host ? i ask because in this cod i'd say 80-90% of games when me and my team are smashing people the opposing players are all backing out .and its no fun when my swarm cant get none . And the only games i dont do well in are when i have the "bad host " - "lag" im not trying to make excuses just wondering

I think you answered your own question. People that are aware of the issue of lag usually back out. I have friends that say "wtf that guy doesnt get hurt" and "wtf i shot first", and explained the whole lag thing to them and that most matches are based on connection/luck and it all finally clicked for them. I had high hopes for this game but it bummed me out that you still die over bullshiit a lot.

Level 5

in reply to hatecase

I've had laggy games.  I've had games where the screen starts to 'break' and 'tear' and flashes and all sorts of weird stuff.  I've had games where the lag definitely impacted my experience.  BUT...

I've never left a game.  Even when going 7 and 45, getting sniped three steps after spawning over and over again, but I never left.

It has nothing to do with stats.  This is definitely not me saying, 'I have bad games, and I don't quit, so I'm better than you folks who do quit.  Not saying that at all.

When it starts circling around the drain and my face is red and trying my best to not scream at my television, I stop.  I slow things down.  This way when I'm getting spawn sniped because I'm running the same damn path, every time I spawn, five times in a row, thinking 'this time I'll get that damn sniper'...  Stop doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Wait before pulling the trigger.  Get a little closer in to make sure you're going to hit your mark.  Think about where the sniper's at, where you're at, and how to make sure you don't fall for the same bait again.

Every game _should_ be a learning experience.  Even if the lesson is how to get your butt handed to you and not rage about it.  That's why I don't quit.  And slowly but surely, I'm becoming a better player because of it.  (12 and 30 isn't that bad, right?  ;^) )

Level 2

in reply to hatecase

I feel your pain on the lag issue. Was in a game the other night, last game I played, and the other team had two guys with green bars and everyone else had red. The host never changed and those guys kicked the crap out of us. I went 7-21 or something. I have been in many matches when the host never changes even though most people have red bar connections. Yet it seems that the host will change three or four times a game when everyone has full green connections.

They need to work on this.

And it is a fact that you can start off a match and be hitting everything, great connection. Half way through you get nothing but hit markers and no bullets register. The match never says it is migrating host, the connection just changes.

Level 22

Studios