Fght to get rid of this probation crap

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Fght to get rid of this probation crap

in reply to TheSurgeon83

This is the side I pointed out in my post. It sucks that people are getting it unnecessarily.. but in the OPs case it sounds like it was earned 100%. OP needs to learn how to not TK so much.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Im sorry but the OP stance is totaly invalid. Sure he calls the probation crap but the reason he is complaining IS because he is team killing.

He never mentioned another reason for getting probation.

Level 72

The only time I have ever been kicked for team-killing was when a car blew up and killed 3 teammates.. The funny thing was I wasn't even on that side of the map when it blew up.

But I have had a teammate run in front of me while I was shooting an enemy once or twice. But not enough to get kicked for it.

Level 6

nicedrewishfela wrote:

If you can't stop team-killing.. you are the problem. Have never even had a probation warning in over a thousand HC matches.

It is there to protect aware players and those who don't quit. It does snag some players unfairly... but if you are TKing this much, you totally deserve it.

This response is the best in regards to the OP's complaint on "idiots" that he TK's and probation.

Level 4

in reply to Elf509

I think it should be more strict.  They need to start banning people for days and weeks, to get the point that quitting doesn't solve any problems, but just causes them for everyone else in the lobby.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

Only if they can figure out a way to only punish the person who dashboards or leaves the game early.

Level 16

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

I think it should be more strict.  They need to start banning people for days and weeks, to get the point that quitting doesn't solve any problems, but just causes them for everyone else in the lobby.

I think people are making way too big a deal, about nothing. If the host dashboards.... find another lobby. The only problem with hosts dashing.... now I am getting probation?

Level 28

in reply to iivrruummii

They will not ever do day bans or week bans, for it would hurt sales and the player base of the game more than it would help. Plus such length bans would not ever make a quitter stop quitting. They cannot ever really change a quitters mind or a rage quittes attitude. No punishment ever will.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Dude...I was trolling.

The only real way to reduce quitting is to implement a system that reduces your XP by a certain amount for a set number of games, or even earn no XP for a set number of games based off your status of quitting.  5 different levels 1 being you hardly leave, <5%, and 5 being you leave a lot, >50%.  If you leave less than 5% you take no penalty, but it you quit 50%+ then you don't XP for a certain amount of games until you get above 50% or after a set number of games.

Yes there are Pros and Cons for anything that can be thought of but in the end is it better to have it in the game or not?  That is what needs to be asked.  At this point in time probation wasn't a good idea and they should have known that looking at Halo Reach.  I think that the my suggested system would still allow people to play the game and it punishes the quitters in more of a passive way, instead of a "time-out."

You could always penalize people with negative XP or de-ranking for quitting, but with this current XP system, it wouldn't quite well.  Halo 3's ranking structure was very good for this.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I was on a roll of posting so didnt really notice the troll. But then again I am the only Troll allowed here!

I like your ideas but even that would not stop rage quitting or dashboarding, since not everyone plays just for exp. Even if the made it where you lost exp and could end up deranking it would not stop or limit or reduce the amount of quitting, in fact that would cause even more because of all the anger it would lead too.

What the problem wiht probation is, is that is is too short and meaningless. I do actually agree with that, but they will not increase it becuase of the negative effects it would have on certain playlists with small playerbases allready.

I think they need to add a teired systemd where it adds more deaths and losss to stats, and you loose exp. Where the number of times done within a day could end up getting you up to maybe an hour ban, and maybe anywhere from 10-100 losses and deaths added to stats and no exp gained at all from challenges or anything during that time period. Until they played x number of games completely to earn their way off of probation after the time out was ended.

But they will never do any of it becuase it would cause more anger and furstrating, more complaints to them here and to activision, more lost sales by customers leaveing the franchise.

So all they will ever do is a use a simple blanket fix that will annoy some but be enough for others to say that at least they tried.

Level 70

Studios